NEW ARTICLE: A Dozen Flowers To Spot While Hillwalking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Articles 07 Jul 2011
Summer Wild Flowers in Wales, 3 kbMike Raine, author of Nature of Snowdonia, talks us through a dozen common flowers to look out for when hillwalking this summer.

"The dozen I have selected should all be in flower in summer and, while the example photographs are all from my home in North Wales, all can be spotted in the Lake District, the Scottish Highlands and indeed most other areas of acid upland from Cornwall to Kerry and across to the North Yorkshire Moors. I hope this little introduction and background knowledge will brighten your day. A word of warning though, it is usually illegal to pick these flowers and the background medicinal and dietary information has been included as a matter of interest rather than recommendation.

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/articles/page.php?id=3711

In reply to UKH Articles: could we have more of things like this, maybe some common birds as I often struggle to identify birds from their outline.
 Sarah Stirling 18 Jul 2011
In reply to higherclimbingwales: I'm glad you said that, as I was planning to follow this up with one on birds and one on trees!

Sarah
feepole 25 Jul 2011
Seconded. Splendid wee piece. Streapadair's gallery is also worth a look for anyone interested in identifying mountain flowers. He's got a nice wee section dedicated to flora.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...