Ultimate Outdoors DEAL OF THE MONTH: Campingaz Camp Bistro Stove

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 01 Jun 2011
Deal Of The Month - Campingaz Camp Bistro Stove £8.99 #1, 3 kbEasy to carry and store single-burner stove with piezo ignition. Ideal for family camping trips, single-person gourmet meals and leaving in the boot of the car for a cheeky brew.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=3775
 mhowie 02 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:
2.5kg? Ouch.
In reply to mhowie:

I don't think its designed as a 'carry in your pack' stove
 AlasdairM 02 Jun 2011
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC): Definitely not. However, a proper frying pan sits nicely on the top, and there is nothing like bacon rolls when car camping.
 Stuzz 02 Jun 2011
In reply to AlasdairM:

Indeed! Definitely not designed for backpacking but for car camping they're great! Wide stable base, big burner for even heat distribution, neat design and its £9!
Can't go wrong really!
 Fredt 02 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

Go Outdoors have had these for several months now:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-portable-gas-camping-stove-p142491
 sutty 02 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

My stove of choice for car camping, and for use with a wok in the kitchen if you only have electric rings. Stir fry done last night in under ten minute. On the campsite with mates it gets fired up more than any other for a quick brew.
Wonko The Sane 02 Jun 2011
In reply to Fredt: I was going to say, I bought one ages ago from there when they captured me with their sale I still have three new jackets I've yet to wear!
 ed34 02 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

how much is gas for these, and do the cylinders last very long? (i'm guessing its the long thin cylinders that slot in it?)
 wilkie14c 02 Jun 2011
In reply to sutty:
My coleman petrol pumper is still perfect after over ten years service so no need for me but this is a really great price. I bet you could buy one of these, a frying pan and all ingredents from asda for a fry up and a brew for 3 campers for the total cost of a cafe breakfast somewhere posh
 peas65 02 Jun 2011
In reply to ed34:

The gas last quite a while, we used 2 cylinders in a week cooking dinner and boiling water for regular brews at £4 for 2 not bad, also much easier when car camping than getting out the whisperlite
 lithos 02 Jun 2011
In reply to ed34:

cheapest gas you can buy - normally get 4 220g cans for about 7 quid i think.

i got a stove for about 6 quid - different brands all look pretty much identical
and are probably badged. great for car camping quick and easy.
 sutty 02 Jun 2011
In reply to lithos:

Must look in Focus to see if they are selling off stoves and gas due to closing down.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...