mountain intelligence still open?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deacondeacon 25 Feb 2011
Think this is the right forum thread.
Does anyone in the Leeds area know if its still open.
Could be a case of crossed paths but they are returning no e-mails and not answering the phone. It also seems that the website has gone down.
I made an order online on sunday and am still waiting for my next-day delivery to come through.
Any info?

thanks
Deacon
In reply to deacondeacon: Rumour is that the shop is closed and boarded up.
 Rhi 25 Feb 2011
In reply to deacondeacon: Just a thought, but it might be worth phoning The Depot bouldering wall in Leeds - their shop used to be run by Mountain Intelligence so they may have some information.
 sutty 25 Feb 2011
 Lemony 25 Feb 2011
In reply to Rhi: Their shop in The Depot was closed a long time ago.

To the OP: We have it from a pretty reliable source that they're no longer trading. No idea where this leaves you.
OP deacondeacon 25 Feb 2011
In reply to All:
Thanks for the replies guys. Luckily I paid for the items through my paypal account (by accident) so I will get it refunded without any qualms (sp). Just that the process is quite slow and drawn out. Hopefully not too many others where caught out.
 thedatastream 25 Feb 2011
In reply to deacondeacon:

That's sad news.

I've been there several times and found the staff both friendly and helpful. They always had a slightly different selection to Cotswolds et al but I wonder if being relatively far our of the centre might have contributed to this.
Bellie 25 Feb 2011
In reply to thedatastream: Advertisers on UKC too. Never good news to hear.
 kathryn 25 Feb 2011
In reply to deacondeacon: Placed an order saturday and having the same as you, need to check and see if payment has come off my credit card. Have been emailed an order confirmation but not received goods. Any emails I send get sent back and no answer on phone
 hokkyokusei 25 Feb 2011
In reply to thedatastream:
> (In reply to deacondeacon)
>
> That's sad news.
>
> I've been there several times and found the staff both friendly and helpful. They always had a slightly different selection to Cotswolds et al but I wonder if being relatively far our of the centre might have contributed to this.

Same experience here, always good service. I think they deliberately had a different selection to the chains. They had no choice really as it would have been difficult for them to compete on price for the same gear.

As for the location, they wouldn't have got much passing trade out there, but not too far to walk from the city centre for the good advice.

Page 25 Feb 2011
In reply to deacondeacon:

Having the same prob as you. ordered last Sunday. tried e-mailing - bounced back. Website down and no answer to phone call. I used paypal so should be ok but bloody annoying given it's still possible to place an order etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...