UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Sir Chris Bonington and Mick Fowler - Euro Ice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Jan 2011
Sir Chris Bonington - Video, 4 kbIn this video we see 76 year old Sir Chris Bonington, partnered by Mick Fowler, romping up the classic Italian icefall of Cascade de Lillaz.

Cascade de Lillaz is one of Europe's finest ice climbs...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59971

jimmyjinxter 24 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News: Respect!
 innesmac 24 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News:

What an inspiration to everyone!!
 jon 24 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News:

What better ambassadors for British climbing, than those two gentlemen.
 tom290483 24 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News:

i'm just loving that sir chris bonnington at 76 years of age is still new school enough to rock mono points. big up y'self.
 DavidEvans 24 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News: Awesome! Very impressed and hope i'm still going like that when I reach 76!
 Green Porridge 24 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News:

I love that video! The pair of them are complete legends. I particularly like how they seem to be so cheery and pleasant to everyone - they're just climbing because it's bloody good fun, and isn't that how it should be?

As the person above said, inspirational. Long live the pair of them.

Tim

nightmonkeyuk 24 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Love it. Class and talent is age-less.

mattrm 25 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News:

What a brilliant video. I really hope I'm still climbing when I'm 76. Legends the both of them.
 mcdougal 27 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News:
That's the first time I've seen either Mick or Chris climb. I've still got a big smile on my face!
Brilliant.
 dizzyg 28 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News: Great to see my inspiration climbing at such an age and what a photo to show his mates ( that spanish guy ) Lucky git !!
 deepstar 28 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News: I enjoyed the video but cant seemed to get any sound on it,is it just me?
 deepstar 30 Jan 2011
In reply to deepstar:
I enjoyed the video but cant seemed to get any sound on it,is it just me?

DOH!!...I had the computer on mute!
 Mike Conlon 30 Jan 2011
In reply to Green Porridge:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> I love that video! The pair of them are complete legends. I particularly like how they seem to be so cheery and pleasant to everyone - they're just climbing because it's bloody good fun, and isn't that how it should be?
>
> As the person above said, inspirational. Long live the pair of them.
>
> Tim

Some three or four weeks ago on a manky midweek afternoon when the thaw had set in, my partner and I were tugging up to Great End on the off chance. We stopped for a breather and up behind us came CB with partner. They stopped for a chat as climbers do, Dave was pessimistic about the conditions but CB was all smiles convincing us "we will find something to enjoy". I suggested they were as daft as us setting off at such a late hour and again CB leaughed it off saying we would all be alright. We let them get on, then tucked in a respectable distance behind intent on following them in the mist as they had a similar destination as ourselves. The respectable distance soon grew as we found it difficult to keep up. I found it hugely inspiring that he should be showing such enthusiasm in such relatively indifferent conditions. We completed our modest objective while they set off something rather more ambitious. Some hours later we were aware of their headtorches merrily bobbing along behind forcing us to push the pace to avoid the ignominy of being overtaken by the venerable knight of the realm both on the way in and the way out ! Good value.
 francoisecall 30 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC News: Berghaus advertising?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...