UKC

NEWS: Mick Fowler Elected Alpine Club President

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 08 Dec 2010
Mick Fowler on the summit of Sulamar, 5 kbMick Fowler was elected President of the Alpine Club at the weekend (4 Dec) following what is thought to be the first contested election to the prestigious post in the Club's 153-year history.

The clear favourite of AC members, in both an opinion poll and a ballot held at the club's AGM in London, Fowler is expected to devote his three years as president to attracting more active alpinists into the AC.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59306

Roberttaylor 08 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Wish I could join.....a few more peaks required though.
 Ed Saint 08 Dec 2010
In reply to Roberttaylor: I joined when I was 18 as an aspirant member with just one season. You get almost all the benefits of membership - perhaps most usefully the reciprocal rights for the huts (and I love the Alpine Journal).

Many congratulations to Mick. I hope he can increase the activity of the club in the Alps.
Clauso 09 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Many congratulations Mick Fowler!

If you devote half as much effort to your duties as President of the Alpine Club as you have to your climbing, then the Alpine Club will be truly blessed.
 PeteH 09 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Ha ha, I initially read that as "Fowler is expected to devote his three years as president to attracting more attractive alpinists into the AC."

If only.
Profanisaurus Rex 09 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Many congratulations to one of the most quietly inspirational characters climbing has ever produced.
 Al Evans 10 Dec 2010
In reply to Profanisaurus Rex: Photgraph and article on a young Mick to come when the photo mods accept it
 Glen 10 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

"Fowler's expertise as a mandarin with HM Revenue and Customs ".

Interesting job title.
 JdotP 10 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Actually, the Alpine club does look really good. Will probably apply to join as an aspirant member after 1 more Alpine season.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...