E9 Flashed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Farnell 22 Oct 2010
By someone. Recently.

Andy F
 metal arms 22 Oct 2010
In reply to andy farnell:

Do go on.....
 NickD 22 Oct 2010
In reply to andy farnell: Wait, what does 'flashed' mean remind me?
 Alex Mason 22 Oct 2010
In reply to andy farnell: Really? What and by whom?
OP Andy Farnell 22 Oct 2010
In reply to Alex Mason: Someone with a record of hard onsights, at a well known crag.

Andy F
 snoop6060 22 Oct 2010

I'm gonna plump a guess for Neil Dickson. Or Mclure or Mchaffie or....
 JLS 22 Oct 2010
In reply to snoop6060:

Just to quash any rumours before they start I can categorically state, it wasn’t me.

What about Rich Simpson how’s his form just now?
In reply to snoop6060: Nope, not one of those three.

Andy F

In reply to andy farnell: It wasn't me who changed the title of the thread...

Andy F
 galpinos 22 Oct 2010

You're mean. A headpoint followed by a flash, I doubt it's seen that many ascents this year, let alone in a day!
 ClimberEd 22 Oct 2010
> By someone. Recently.
>
> Andy F

?? The someone is in the thread title, or are you being purposefully disingenuous?
In reply to ClimberEd: The thread title was changed by one of the moderators.

Andy F
 Jon Read 22 Oct 2010
Wow!!
 niggle 22 Oct 2010

> The thread title was changed by one of the moderators.

Maybe worth explaining that the original title was just, "E9 flashed".

Poster posts that a climber has done a climb. It's gripping stuff.
 Paul Crusher R 22 Oct 2010
In reply to andy farnell: Cooor. Super effort, nutter.

Good effort! Next stop The Zone, then, I guess?!

jcm
In reply to andy farnell: I fully intended to be vague in my original post, hence the title of E9 Flashed. I did not want to post Ry's name, or the route.
 Adam Long 22 Oct 2010
> I did not want to post Ry's name, or the route.

Why not?

Not sure this will go down as the first E9 flash - both Nige and Ryan used the peg for protection - though placed on lead. Originally it was reckoned to be E7 with the peg, though it was also reckoned it might have been 'hand' placed with a 'hand-held hammer'. Not having much chance to experiment, Ryan didn't reckon to have got it in particularly well...
 Jon Read 22 Oct 2010
Out of curiosity, why the original coyness? This is important news.
 Marcus Buckley 22 Oct 2010
In reply to Jon Read:
It might be coy but I find it a bit crap that an unoffensive thread title can be changed with out so much as a 'by your leave' by the admins. If they wanted the info out in the open why not just start a new thread or even, (and I know this may be controversial) a news story!
 Banned User 77 22 Oct 2010
In reply to Marcus Buckley:
> (In reply to Jon Read)
> It might be coy but I find it a bit crap that an unoffensive thread title can be changed with out so much as a 'by your leave' by the admins. If they wanted the info out in the open why not just start a new thread or even, (and I know this may be controversial) a news story!

I think they should also add an edit note so people know that wasn't Andy's words. I know its hardly offensive now but it seems wrong that something you say with your name, especially some like Andy who uses his real name, can have comments attributed to him, which he didn't say.

Bad moderating, apologies. Title changed back.

The ascent in question is Ryan Pasquill flashing Knockin’ on Heavens Door E9. A great achievement.

We will look into a news item if we get more information.

Alan
 Paz 25 Oct 2010
Pasquali is from Lancashire; after working in the blacksmiths from the age of 4 for no pay and scant food, a lancastrian's hands are as good as any yorkshire hammer, if not better.

I'm just praying to the gods of irony that Simpson now flashes KOHD and claims it as a first and Pasquill flashes The Zone and claims it as a first. Balance it is. To the force, it must be restored.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...