UKC

NEWS: Fatal Accident on Portland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 27 Sep 2010
Barry with friends on Kalymnos, 5 kb "Portland was one of Barry Humphreys' favourite climbing spots and has always been considered a fun place in the sun until last Saturday when his life was lost in an accident."

Here Nick King and friends pay their respects.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=58015

Puli 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: I am terribly sorry
 gg4419 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:

I too am terribly sorry to hear this. All my thoughts are with friends and family.
In reply to UKC News:

Very sad to hear this. Climbed with Barry several years back in Kalymnos. He was a very energetic and likeably soul.

Commiserations to family and friends.

Cheers
Tim
 tombeasley 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: I met Barry this summer and was lucky enough to spend some time climbing with him. Such a top bloke and great climber, very sad news.
 iain_cbr 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: I never me the guy, but ti's always sad to hear of people losing their life in such a way. My thoughts go out to his family and loved ones.
 Jon Greengrass 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: Terribly sorry to hear about this. My thoughts go to Barry's family and friends.
 Chris the Tall 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Like Tim, I meet Barry on Kalymnos a few years back.

Great guy, full of enthusiam

I have really fond memories of working Lestrygon with Barry and Al Evans - lots of banter, but also lots of encouragement and support

My thoughts go out to his friends and family

In reply to UKC News:

I'm really sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with family and friends.
 James Oswald 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:
My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Tragic.
James
 coupy 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: We are very sorry to hear about Barry. He was a great person and a fantastic climber. He has touched many people and will be sadly missed. Our thoughts go out to his family, friends and his girlfriend.
We will miss you mate!

All the staff at the Ridge Climbing Wall
In reply to UKC News:

Very sorry to hear this. Best wishes to family and friends.

jcm
 EscapeArtist 27 Sep 2010
RIP, deepest sympathies to his family and friends.
gingermonkey 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:
A terrible shame.
Condolences and best wishes to friends and family.
 sg 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:

wow, that's desperately unlucky and terribly sad. all condolences to Barry's family and friends.
 Pino 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: I don't need to know the climber to feel very saddened at the news. My warmest condolences to all loved ones.
Pino
In reply to UKC News: a tragic accident, no doubt he will be sadly missed. condolences to his family and friends.
My deepest sympathies and thought's go out to his family and friends. This is all I've really thought about all day today and even though I've never met Barry I can't help but feel touched by this tragedy.

Kind thoughts and regards

Trevor

matthew cooper 27 Sep 2010
thank you for all your kind words barry was a great person and a great cousin again thank you to ukc for all kind regards

barry much love friend and a much loved cousin

R I P cuz xx
 Dave Todd 27 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Just awful news. Like Tim and Chris above I climbed with Barry in Kalymnos for a week in 2004, he seemed a very chilled and mellow soul - young and very much at peace with himself. Just someone you don't forget.

Climbing can give so much and can take so much away.

Wishing strength to all those needing it at this time.

RIP Barry.
 ed edwards 27 Sep 2010
My deepest sympathies to Barry's family, girlfriend and friends.

Barry has been a friendly face and someone to have a crack with at the swindon wall since i've been going there. It won't be the same without him.

I and all the other reglars and staff at The ridge climbing wall will miss you.

Ed
 ark05 27 Sep 2010
very unlucky, RIP. Never met you, but i bet you lived life to the fullest. if family and friends are reading this.. im sorry for your loss.
 Al Evans 28 Sep 2010
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> I have really fond memories of working Lestrygon with Barry and Al Evans - lots of banter, but also lots of encouragement and support

I didn´t realise it was that Barry, yeh fun guy, tragic
> My thoughts go out to his friends and family

GeorgeA 28 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: What a dreadful accident. Condolences to Barry's family and friends.
 Erik B 28 Sep 2010
In reply to GeorgeA: RIP Barry
 daveyji 28 Sep 2010
In reply to Erik B:Very sad news. Condolences to family and friends.
 ClimberEd 28 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:
OMG, just seen this. Awful news, and on Portland of all places.

Barry - you always made me smile dude.

Nick, Paul, Rich and Dan, my thoughts go out to you, I'll be in touch when I'm back from China.

My strongest sympathies for his family and girlfriend.

RIP Barry.

Ed
 tommyzero 29 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: That's saddening. My thoughts go to his family and friends.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...