UKC

NEWS: Journalist Arrested after Hoax Mountain Rescue Calls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 Sep 2010
Walkers on Skiddaw, 2 kbKeswick Mountain Rescue Team were needlessly dispatched in foul weather to the foot of Skiddaw during a time of flood crisis last November, as hoax caller Sarah Louise Crickmer sat drinking in the Lyzzick Hall Hotel at Underskiddaw.

Crickmer, a 27 year old journalist from Brass Thill Way, South Shields, has been found guilty of two counts of 'sending false messages by a public electronic communication network to cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety' at West Allerdale and Keswick Magistrates.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=57799

butterworthtom 14 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Wow. I can't believe how stupid and selfish some people can be. She deserves what she got.
 fimm 14 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Already discussed on the forums here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=423906
 Simon Caldwell 14 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:
'journalist arrested' ... 'has been found guilty' ... 'a warrant has been issued for her arrest'

well which is it?!?
 bigreach 14 Sep 2010
All of them possibly...

She has been arrested and presumably interviewed and charged.

A court date was probably set and she has failed to appear and been found guilty in her absence.

A warrant would be issued for her arrest so that she can be sentenced.
Burn her!
 stuaart 14 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News:

She wanted a story, but now *she* is the story. So I guess she got her wish in a perverse way.
In reply to UKC News: I think the perfect sentence for her irresponsible behaviour would be to be the 'victim' in an MRT night training exercise in the Lakes

After that experience she'd certainly appreciate them!
 Richard Carter 14 Sep 2010
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

What, take her up helvellyn (not a euphamism), and break her legs?
 Sam_in_Leeds 14 Sep 2010
In reply to Richard Alderton:

why did i read that as "Bum Her"...
OllieBristol 14 Sep 2010
Bet she writes for the Daily Mail..
 DH 14 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: What an idiot! Perhaps she should be sentanced to a 'community service order' serving with the MRT, as the tea lady?
 David Bulley 14 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: Yup there's some right tossers in South Shields.
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:
> (In reply to UKC News) I think the perfect sentence for her irresponsible behaviour would be to be the 'victim' in an MRT night training exercise in the Lakes

Make that Scotland
 pmurdy 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Bulley: I'll second that one!
 Trangia 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Steve Kirman (Lindsey CC):

Is being sent to Scotland the modern day equivalent of being exported to Australia?

I suppose if they chose the midge season....
In reply to Trangia:

Oy, nothing wrong with being sent to Aus mate!! Hell of a lot right in fact!!

But I agree with most of the sentiments above, a crew taking her around the back of the bike sheds and slapping some sense into her would seem to be the order of the day!
 robertmichaellovell Global Crag Moderator 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Sam_in_Leeds: ha
 Yanis Nayu 15 Sep 2010
In reply to UKC News: Reading this, it's not hard to see how baying mobs ended up tarring and feathering people.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...