V12 DEAL OF THE MONTH: Nano Quickdraws at a Nano Price

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 20 May 2010
[Single Nano Quickdraw, 1 kb]Camp Nano 30 quickdraws: lightweight quickdraws in quantity at a lightweight price. 10 for £99.99!!!!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=2757
 petellis 24 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

Are these a different quickdraw/biner to the nano 23? The name and spec don't match anything on the CAMP website but the picture looks like the nano 23.
Removed User 24 May 2010
In reply to petellis:

According to the V12 site the biner weighs in a 30g.

The Camp Nano 23 weigh in at ... 23 grams.

There two versions out there.
 jamestheyip 24 May 2010
In reply to Removed User:

I've put my Nano 23 on a kitchen scale. It weights... 30 grams.
There could be two different versions which I'm not aware of, but the biner was sold to me as Nano 23.
Removed User 24 May 2010
In reply to jamestheyip: Strange? The only google results for camp nano 30 are at V12?

Where did you get yours from?
 TobyA 24 May 2010
In reply to petellis: It's sad that I know this but there was an original Nano model and then the lighter current one which I guess is the 23. These are the older ones I think. If you look they have gate shrouding which the newer ones lack. See the pics on the newer ones in my review: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1155 No shrouding around the gate.
 petellis 24 May 2010
In reply to TobyA:

Cheers - looks like they are slightly heavier and stronger than the current nano 23 but still pretty light. Perhaps V12 bought all the remaining stock or something.
 TobyA 24 May 2010
In reply to petellis: I think so, yeah. If I remember correctly either Climbing or Alpinist raved about the original Nanos, so I guess you won't go wrong with these if you don't mind little krabs. I wondered why they took the shrouding away on the 23s, I like shrouded gates, always make you think its a purposely designed wiregate, but I guess they need to save off 7 grs somewhere!
 Alex Thompson 25 May 2010
In reply to TobyA:
I've got a few of the old Camp Nanos, not as fond of them as the DMM Phantoms; they're 2 grams heavier (!), but smaller overall, have a smaller gate opening and the gates are slightly stiffer to open.
 FreshSlate 25 May 2010
Found a better deal easy. trek and run are selling the lighter phantoms for 9.99 a piece on field and trek
 petellis 27 May 2010
In reply to FreshSlate:
> Found a better deal easy. trek and run are selling the lighter phantoms for 9.99 a piece on field and trek

Yeah - but you have to factor in the Ryanair stylee £4 postage. Grrr
 k2col 28 May 2010
In reply to petellis:

Field and Trek have 20% off this weekend and for some reason I didn't get charged postage. Bought 12 DMM Phantom Quickdraws for £96! £8 each!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...