UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: British Premiere of Asgard Jamming at ShAFF and Ron Fawcett Live

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 29 Jan 2010
[Ron Fawcett surveys his legendary hands at ShAFF 2009, 5 kb]The Sheffield Adventure Film Festival will be held over the 12th to 14th March: www.shaff.co.uk. Alastair Lee has done a great trailer for ShAFF featuring some of the films being shown. Watch the trailer here...and some news of the Ron Fawcett book.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=51529
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 29 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

GREAT trailer!

Chris
 brieflyback 29 Jan 2010
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Top trailer. I do feel I've seen all the best bits now, though!
 Simon 29 Jan 2010
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
>
> GREAT trailer!
>
> Chris

Great Festival too - come all!

MattH 29 Jan 2010
In reply to Martin76:

Oh but you haven't!

I couldn't possibly list my favourites without fear of offending those not on the list . Seriously, every film is being screened because it's good enough to be at the festival.

Here are a few that stood out for me.

First Ascent - Alone On The Wall
Palouse Fall
Birdman Of The Karakorum
Kranked - REVOLVE
Look To The Ground
Project Megawoosh
Signatures
The Asgard Project

Glad you like the trailer. Al has a knack for them!

MattH
 MattH 29 Jan 2010
In reply to MattH:

In reply to MattH:

I forgot to say, for any of you out there on Facebook:

Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=191279803810
Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=268669677338&index=1

Please sign up and spread the word...

MattH
In reply to UKC News: Ron is doing his book launch at The Works on 7th March. And Big Stone (5.10 agents) has hinted that there might be some free beer
 ksjs 29 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: that bloke lanched into the pool near the end - crazy! cool trailer
In reply to ksjs:
> (In reply to UKC News) that bloke lanched into the pool near the end - crazy! cool trailer

There is a story behind that (no spoiler) it has been discussed on UKC before - not sure how they got hold of it for the film festival.

Chris
 Frank4short 29 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News: I do wonder sometimes whether you guys are just lazy or for some reason don't like acknowledging Sean Villeneuva O'Driscoll's part Irishness, his mothers Irish & he spent large periods of his childhood here, hence his amusing accent if you ever hear him talk. As anytime Sean writes his name he always uses the full double barrel version, see credits on any of his films. Yet i cannot think of an instance where there's been a report of him in UKC news where you've used his full name without having to be corrected first.
 whistler 29 Jan 2010
Do you have a link? I'm curious. I don't like it, even if it's true it just looks fake in my opinion! Puts everything else in the trailer in a weird perspective. These films all look so good...
 MattH 29 Jan 2010

I just tracked down the film maker and asked if they would like to submit it to the festival. It's actually a 5 min film culminating in the actual jump.

MattH
 Chris the Tall 29 Jan 2010
In reply to MattH:
Great trailer !!

It would be really useful if you could list the various bits of footage in the trailer, so that we'd know which bits were from which films. Particularly the skiing clips !

Is it earlier this year ? Or later ? Either way it clashes with my skiing holiday, but hopefully will make it on the Sunday

I can highly recommend Birdman Of The Karakorum - paragliding rather than climbing, but made by Alun "Stone Monkey" Hughes, and I think the Birdman himself was a big climber back in the 80s. Reminded me of the start to "24hr Party People" where Tony Wilson (aka Alan Partridge) tries hang gliding

In reply to MattH:

I think the general consensus was that its a fake, not sure how it would fit with the rest of your films?

Chris
 MattH 29 Jan 2010
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Will give it a go:

Yosemite stuff is from Alone On The Wall
Motorbiking stuff is from One Crazy Ride
Headbutting, river crossing, Northern Lights, Leo Houlding and BASE Jumping stuff is from Asgard Project
Rail Slide and dirty snow jump are from Freezing Level
Most of the ski footage is from Ten - A Cameraman's Tale
The big ridge shot is from Mount Saint Elias, as is the guy falling through the crevasse.
The huge waterfall in a kayak (57m!) is Palouse Fall
The mountain biking is from Kranked: REVOLVE
Paragliding from Birdman Of The Karakoram
Chris Doyle grimacing and holding his hands up is welsh Connections as is Pete Whittaker falling of Quarryman
Wide shot of somebody running down a road with a bouldering mat is Keith Bradbury in his own Between The Lines
Children in native dress is Afghanistan - A Small Flame Of Hope
And the big water slide is of course, Project Megawoosh

We weren't able to get footage from at least half the films in time to put the trailer together, hence my comment about not showing all the best bits...

I've probably missed a few, but hope that helps,
MattH
 MattH 29 Jan 2010

Hi Chris,
I don't see why we can't show a few spoofs alongside the real deal. Remember Zoltan and Extreme Tramping?

MattH
In reply to MattH:
> (In reply to Chris Craggs)
>
> Hi Chris,
> I don't see why we can't show a few spoofs alongside the real deal. Remember Zoltan and Extreme Tramping?
>
> MattH

Sounds reasonable - you better explain which are which though - some folks are easily confused!

Chris

Chris the Tall 29 Jan 2010
In reply to MattH:
Are you saying "Extreme Tramping" was a spoof ?????

That might explain the line "Language was a problem, I don't speak European and Helmut doesn't speak Regular"
 MattH 29 Jan 2010

But that's the beauty of a spoof. Some will always take them seriously. Must admit that this one was particularly convincing.

MattH
 Michael Ryan 29 Jan 2010
In reply to Frank4short:

Changed some Frank.
 Frank4short 30 Jan 2010
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Much better thanks. You can delete my rant now.
 MattH 04 Feb 2010
In reply to Frank4short:

Hot off the press: ShAFF will go High Definition this year. http://www.shaff.co.uk/news/92/shaff-goes-hd

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...