UKC

NEWS: UKC on Facebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 27 Jan 2010
[UKClimbing.com on Facebook, 2 kb]Back in August 2009 we launched out UKClimbing Facebook page.

We now have 1967 fans. Can we push it past 2000?

We have also developed a clever little Facebook Application called Climbing...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=51446

Simon Caldwell 01 Feb 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Been using the facebook gizmo for a bit. How does it decide what to post? I logged routes on both Saturday and Sunday but it's only shown Sunday's.
In reply to Toreador:
> How does it decide what to post? I logged routes on both Saturday and Sunday but it's only shown Sunday's.

It's a bit complicated, because it is trying not to overwhelm your Facebook Wall with lots of separate 'Toreador has been climbing at ...' posts.

It will wait for 30 minutes after your last edit (in case you are adding lots to your logbook and haven't finished yet), then post details of the most recent climbs to your Facebook Wall.

So if you really want it to post everything, take a tea break between each day of climbing you enter, so the script has time to notice the changes.

Hope this helps
 TobyA 01 Feb 2010
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: It never shows on my wall - I spent some time trying to figure out why but can't. I have the little climbing tab along the top of my profile page, click on that and its all there. But it never shows on my wall which is a shame.
In reply to TobyA: It will be because you haven't given it permission to post to your Wall. Try going to this page:

- http://apps.facebook.com/ukclimbing/

and you should be prompted to give 2 permissions to the Climbing application. Say yes to both, and it should then be able to post to your Wall whenever you update your UKC logbook.

Cheers
 TobyA 01 Feb 2010
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Nope, not asking me anything and I don't think it ever did. Also I can't get off that page. I don't want to invite any friends to use the app, so I click skip and it just reloads the same page.

Definitely not working for me I'm afraid (Firefox 3.5.7 running on a MacBook, but I don't think it works on my office PC either).
In reply to TobyA: Thanks Toby, I'll email you so we can track down this problem and fix it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...