NEW REVIEW: Pure DVD

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 22 Jan 2010
[Pure DVD, 4 kb]

Pure is a bouldering-only video, but don't let this put you off. It's a first-rate flick, excellently, often beautifully filmed and several scenes have a very aesthetic arty look about them, easily one of the prettiest climbing films I've seen.

UKC User Paul Durbin watches Pure...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2426

Will Hunt 24 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Gear: Has UKC stopped editing articles now? This needs to feel the sharp end of a sub's red pen...
 Aigen 24 Jan 2010
In reply to Will Hunt: The trailer makes the movie look crap.
Randy Baird 24 Jan 2010
In reply to Will Hunt:

I agree. Grammatical errors can be a tad irritating, but
in his last DVD review (Monkey See, Monkey Do) the writer referred to Kevin Shields drytooling solo as 'a particularly nail-biting aid-solo route using a prosthetic axe'.
 Durbs 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Randy Baird:

Pssshhh, details, details

I'm a self-declared punter, your words cause me no worries.
 Will Hunt 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Randy Baird: Grammatical errors and poor syntax, and whole sentences/paragraphs that could have been sliced out... It's not the writer's fault.
Randy Baird 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Durbs:

It wasn't an aid- solo though and if I was the climber I wouldn't take too kindly to my death defying ascent being referred to as 'aid'!
As Will Hunt says, it's not just your articles, some of them are laden with grammar and spelling problems. It's a shame because the articles are very readable otherwise.
 Durbs 25 Jan 2010
In reply to Randy Baird:

Fair point - A "contextual typo" if such a thing exists...

I didn't think my grammar was that bad, though obviously I've missed bits.
I'll have a re-read and see if I can spot the mistakes.
 andybenham 28 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC Gear: How and why did they get Stephen Hawking to do the voice over. Not too much of that on the full film I hope...
 Durbs 28 Jan 2010
In reply to andybenham:

Nah - just the first 20 seconds of intro.
Agree it was quite terrible but it's over with quickly so doesn't detract from the film

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...