Best Petzl headtorch for under £80?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Aiden Wright 11 Jan 2010
Having that much to spend, I would like to get the best one for me.

I do a bit of winter walking & enforced night climbing, as well as night biking and running, but it would also be good for general purpose use.

All suggestions appreciated.
 gethin_allen 11 Jan 2010
In reply to Aiden Wright:
the myo XP is good if it has to be petzl
 smudge 11 Jan 2010
In reply to Aiden Wright: http://www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/myo-series/myo-rxp

I use one for night climbing, walking etc. Most excellent, and takes lithium batteries.
 RichJ634 11 Jan 2010
In reply to Aiden Wright: XP or RXP definitely. I have the XP and it is fantastic for all the things you mention above. No experience of the RXP but to me it sounds a bit gimmicky and complicated, and of course it costs more.
 Tall Clare 11 Jan 2010

it might not be quite what you're looking for, but have a look at the Alpkit Gamma. It's only £15 but it's surprisingly good.
tryfan 11 Jan 2010
Aiden , i have been beaten to it ..I was about to reccommend the alpkit gamma, great for night navvin,coloured led's for night map work and only 15 quid delivered (includes batteries!)leaves £65-00 quid for beer
 newhey 11 Jan 2010

Alpkit Gamma, if they ever have any in stock. Dont waste 80 squid on a torch.
 EZ 11 Jan 2010

If you are night biking don't not waste £80 on a torch. Get the best you can and that ain't the Gamma. It is a poor competitor to the Myo RXP. In fact it ain't even in the competition.
In reply to Aiden Wright: I use the Myo RXP for night running off road.

It would be fine for night riding on unlit country roads, but I don't know if it would be powerful enough for serious night MTB riding?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...