UKC

NEWS: Scottish Winter Conditions Full Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 Jan 2010
[Ian finishing the desperate overhung 3rd pitch, 3 kb]This is the first of our regular series of Scottish winter conditions updates from Dan Goodwin of MountainPlan.com.

Dan gives a round up of what has been climbed, where good venues for the weekend might be and also some very important links to avalanche and weather information.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=51155

3leggeddog 07 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

So now I know where to avoid.

Steall Falls has increased its overall grade by two due to the risk of queue rage.

Perhaps I am past it but reports like this take part of the fun away, a kind of "everyone go climbing here this weekend" rather than make your own mind up and take a risk.

Still, I suppose extra sport is added in the where to go climbing and avoid the hoards question.

I am not saying where I am going this weekend
Geoffrey Michaels 07 Jan 2010
In reply to 3leggeddog:

More people can only be good for businesses and the economy. Bring it on I say! CairnGorm skiing is great right now as are most of the other centres. Touring is world class and there is a real buzz about most places.

Overall Scotland is perfect for anyone wishing an adventure of any type.

Good article.
 3leggeddog 07 Jan 2010
In reply to Donald M:

There lies the difference, I climb for my pleasure, not to make money
 Lucy Wallace 07 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:
This is really handy- thankyou. Not saying I will go to these places- helps with figuring what sorts of things are fun right now. And yes, avoid Steall!!
Geoffrey Michaels 07 Jan 2010
In reply to 3leggeddog:

Me neither but I like to see a vibrant economy and people making a living from something they like. I also like a buzz around the place.

Each to their own.
 ClimberEd 07 Jan 2010
In reply to 3leggeddog:

Totally disagree. It's great if you aren't local and need some knowledge about good spots.
Removed User 07 Jan 2010
In reply to 3leggeddog: ¡A kindred spirit! Good to know I am not the only one
 3leggeddog 07 Jan 2010
In reply to Removed User: Sadly those who think for themselves are a dying breed. How long before someone posts a tanrum one Monday "BooHoo ukc said the curtain was in but when I got there it wasn't"

See you in a quiet corrie sometime
 Andrew Smith 08 Jan 2010
In reply to 3leggeddog: Get from up your own arse.
 3leggeddog 08 Jan 2010
In reply to andyyyy: No queues up here
 3leggeddog 08 Jan 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Can I respectfully request that all future conditions updates full address the questions posed in this thread
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=388768

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...