PRODUCT NEWS: Rosker Travellunch Meals - Breakfast, Dinner and Dessert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 05 May 2009
[Travel Lunch Meals, 4 kb]Lightweight and affordable tasty freeze-dried meals. Breakfast, dinner and dessert - soup for starters if you like. Travel Lunch meals have been used by expeditions worldwide, and are popular with trans-Atlantic rowers and yachtsmen & women. They are light to carry, take up very little space, and have a long shelf life. Available at most outdoor shops in the UK.

Quite a selection too: Pasta Carbonara, Smokey Bacon with Mash & Peas, Beef Stroganoff, Chicken Korma Curry & Rice to mention just a few. Finish with Wild Berry Yoghurt Dessert?

Hungry? Want to try some? We'll have a word with Stephanie at Spring PR. Post on this thread if you are up for some samples.

Catch is of course, not only do you have to try Travel Lunch but once you have tasted you must report back to us all - honestly!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=1842
Den101 05 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

Yup, i'm up for any of the veggie options...
Sam L 05 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: I'd be up for reviewing some of those if you want.

Sam
 deacondeacon 05 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: Count me in! yum yum
 Natalie Wilson 05 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

I'd be up for sampling and reviewing these. Thanks
 OffshoreAndy 05 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: I would like to try some.
Cheers
Andy
 cat22 05 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: I'd like to try some! Could be really useful if they're tasty.
In reply to UKC Gear:

me me me! Happy to report back.

Neil.
 raven 05 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: Count me in happy to report back
 Mckenzie 05 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

I report the quality if you want. Im going camping for a few days soon so this would be a perfect excuse and save me a penny or too... i'm all for that.

How much do these things cost anyway? are we talking more, same or less than the bog standard ones from 'Blacks' and 'S&R'?

cheers
 Michael Ryan 05 May 2009

.........and you've got to supply a bloody photo too!!!!!
Gadget Girl 05 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: I'll try some! Promise to send a photo, though can't promise ideal lighting / non rain-soaked lens etc. It will be an authentic wild camp though. Deal? !!
 Michael Ryan 05 May 2009
In reply to Gadget Girl:

Authentic? That means being yourself. Your hired.
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Well I've got two trips coming up this month. So if you send me all the flavours then I could compare them lol.

Promise to send photos.

Matt Schwarz 05 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: im for some samples, see how they compare to the well2be ones.
Gadget Girl 05 May 2009

Bring it on!!

:0)
 cat22 05 May 2009
>
> .........and you've got to supply a bloody photo too!!!!!

Will send photos from the Lakes or Scotland if the weather cooperates!
 antwan 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: I'm always up for reviewing free food, Nothing spicy mind!

Would this stuff be suitable for theOMM?
 Zygoticgema 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: I'll sample some if there's any left?
 Psycho_Delta 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: Happy to sample and report as long as there's some left will try any variety not fussy
 k_os 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: i'd be happy to sample and report back, got plenty trips lined up soon
 Dom Whillans 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:
i'm up for a sample - i have the added benefit of being able to give the all clear (or not) on how suitable these meals would be for people with an extreme nut allergy... if you got no review by return of post i'd be brown bread.
 garethtodd 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: yup...if theres any of this gear left i'll have a go!
 chiz 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: if there's anything left, send me a sample, I'll be able to tell you whether they've improved in the past few years...
Sam L 06 May 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: I can certainly get you some photos, authentic as. And, in a parallel life I'm an amateur food writer, look: http://leedsstudent.org/ls2/features/winter-warming-red-cabbage.html

No, really, that is me.

Sam
 alicia 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

I'd be happy to sample and write a review!
 Justin T 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

I'm feckin' starving and I've not made sandwiches today - do you think you could send a few over on a bike in the next, say, half hour?
 Ross McGibbon 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:
Happy to try them and report back.
I also have Duke Of Edinburgh groups going out this summer from my work and can pass some on for them to try.
Ross
 thin bob 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:
Hungry already.....have spoon, will scoff
they look interesting!
In reply to UKC Gear: more than happy to review a few for you! if there tasty i might take a few along with me this summer
 ray 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: I am pretty hungry and happy to try some food. Will someone pop round now please as it is just about lunchtime. ta.
 the sheep 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:
Always happy to eat. Would love to try some of these out.
 nastyned 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: I'm happy to eat free food too.
 biscuit 06 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

I'd be interested.

I run a small business taking people on wild camp experiences:

www.gowildlakes.co.uk

I use boil in the bag 'wet' food as i found that people associate dehdrated food with pot noodles and bad taste. Usually they are right :0) Freeze dried sounds good if it tastes better and doesn't turn to mush.

Always willing to give something new a go so feel free and i should be able to give you some feedback from different people.
Mike D 11 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

We would be happy to test some of these. We will be driving to mongolia in the summer and are looking into what food options available.

Mike Dickson

www.thewrongwayround.org.uk
In reply to UKC Gear: Please contact me if you still need testers.
 Michael Ryan 11 May 2009
In reply to climberjamie:

Stephanie at Spring PR is sorting the samples out. We'll be in touch.

Mick
nedmoran 12 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: Iwould try any of these, not sure about the puddings but i'd still give them a go. I've been reading up on the different brands of these over the last couple of weeks but couldn't decide which ones to try.
 Michael Ryan 12 May 2009
In reply to nedmoran:

I have 30 sachets arriving next week. I'll be in touch.

Mick
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: If you still need people to try these out, then I would be interested.
 bouldery bits 12 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

More than interested!
5cifi - BAD SELLER 12 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: I'd also me more than happy to try any of these out, I'm good at reviewing things too
 MightyMidget 21 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:
I am part of a team who are aiming to row accross the Atlantic for 10 weeks this winter.
I'd love to try and review some of these meals if there are still any available... we'll need as much variety in our diets as possible!
In reply to UKC Gear:

Id be up for it.
 Tom Penrose 26 May 2009
In reply to UKC Gear:

I would be up for testing these for you.

Got to find some food to feed the freshers on the crag next year
 Michael Ryan 27 May 2009
Travellunch received from Rosker and Spring PR.

Just off to Skye for 4 days.

When I return I'll contact several people from the above and mail them out.

Mick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...