NEW REVIEW: Scottish Rock Volume 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 02 Mar 2009
[Scottish Rock Volume 2, 3 kb]Martin Chester leafs through the stunning pages of Scottish Rock Volume 2. He's impressed.

"...the main reason I am so excited about this book is that it takes the lid off some well kept secrets. Like the fact that, and just ask anyone else who has touched it, Torridonian sandstone is probably the finest rock in the world!"

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1652

Chris F 02 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC Gear: Torridonian Sandstone is awful stuff and to be avoided at all costs, probably the worst in the world. It has the consistency of baby poo mixed with toxic waste and smells similar. It enters your bloodstream and poisons you from within.
 lummox 02 Mar 2009
In reply to Chris F: Agreed.

In fact, it`s worse than that...
 Michael Ryan 02 Mar 2009
In reply to Chris F:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) Torridonian Sandstone is awful stuff and to be avoided at all costs, probably the worst in the world. It has the consistency of baby poo mixed with toxic waste and smells similar. It enters your bloodstream and poisons you from within.

Tut tut Chris. A double reverse psychology, bound to back fire. Expect a migration of us southern softies northwards.

Chris F 02 Mar 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
> (In reply to Chris F)
> [...]
>
> Tut tut Chris. A double reverse psychology, bound to back fire. Expect a migration of us southern softies northwards.

The travel, the midges, the rain, the single track roads (never back down!) and the quagmyre will see off all but the most hardy (and this time I am serious).
 Ian Archer 02 Mar 2009
In reply to Chris F:

Done a weekend trip from B'ham to Torridon last September - now eager to go back for more
 Michael Ryan 02 Mar 2009
In reply to Chris F:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
> [...]
>
> The travel, the midges, the rain, the single track roads (never back down!) and the quagmyre will see off all but the most hardy (and this time I am serious).

Tis nothing for an Eastern Sierra off-roader like me.

Expect to see my black UKC Nissan Pathfinder, high clearance, 4WD in the Spring.

The rain might be a problem though!

Chris F 03 Mar 2009
> Expect to see my black UKC Nissan Pathfinder, high clearance, 4WD in the Spring.
>
Clearly UKC is doing well for you. Give us a shout if you are heading up, seeings I missed you in the Lakes.

Michael Ryan 03 Mar 2009
In reply to Chris F:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
> [...]
> Clearly UKC is doing well for you. Give us a shout if you are heading up, seeings I missed you in the Lakes.

I'll see if Alan, Jack, Nick, Kevin and myself can fly up in the UKC Helicopter (a 2006 EUROCOPTER EC 130B4 ) when the weather gets better.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 03 Mar 2009

I'll be needing it shortly to get some crag-shots (can't tell you where - very hush-hush) so make sure you fill out the booking schedule properly.

Chris
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: At least it's not a super-puma......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...