UKC

NEWS/VIDEO: Nik Royale's Everest

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 02 Jan 2009
Nik Royale has progressive cerebral palsy. He was in a wheelchair on the day that I met him, when he was visiting DMM to thank them for their support of his ascent of First Pinnacle Rib on Tryfan.

His condition is gradually worsening, some days he can walk, but some days he is wheelchair bound.

This short film documents Nik's climb up Tryfan in the autumn of 2008, and shows the determination of Nik and also the emotional strain that his condition puts him through.

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Henry Iddon 02 Jan 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Great stuff!
 Liam Copley 02 Jan 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: cool guy!
 Dan Lane 02 Jan 2009

Awesome Stuff!!!

Dan
 diff 02 Jan 2009
Nice Film
 grizz 04 Jan 2009

Great article. Good to see Nik getting some column space high up in the list and really good to see the high profile support. Congrats to the team who supported him as well.
 Ant Mace 05 Jan 2009
Great to see videos like this - well done nick!
 Scotti 06 Jan 2009
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Top work Nick, and a great achievement.
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: Just watched this at work without sound andI have a tear in my eye. Fantastic.
 sheavi07 07 Jan 2009
Great well done. Really enjoyed this - inspirational.
 Dom Whillans 07 Jan 2009
superb stuff; something i'm going to point many of my colleagues towards as an example of people not letting disability crush ambition and that mountains can be accessible to all...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...