UKC

NEWS: Andy Kirkpatrick Wins Boardman - Tasker Prize ..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 23 Nov 2008
"Taken as whole it stands as a beacon for the next generation of young turks: a challenge to pick up the pen and overcome their own reticence. Kirkpatrick has taken up the baton on behalf of generation x and, at just the right moment, has said 'Yes I can'."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=11&year=2008#n45461
 Jamie Goodwin 24 Nov 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Nice one, well done Really got to get a copy of this now!
 aln 24 Nov 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: After reading that review I may be inspired to read the first climbimg book I've read in a while. Especially this bit - exception exceptional
 Wee Davie 24 Nov 2008
Congratulations Andy!
Ackbar 24 Nov 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Well Deserved
Removed User 24 Nov 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Excellent news! Well deserved, I finished reading this on saturday. It wasn't a book I was able to put down and stay away for for long. Very honest and reminded me a lot of my own feelings about climbing when I started. Andy kept going and did the routes and got a story though.

Chapeau!
 rusty_nails 24 Nov 2008

We saw him at Kendal on Saturday Night only hours after he had won the BT award, and boy was it deserved. His book is fantastic, and i have leant it to friends who normally consider aid and big wall climbing as boring, but they are now truly in awe of people like Andy who push themselves inton and out of these crazy environments!

A truly well deserved win, and a book i can't reccomend highly enough!!!
 chiz 24 Nov 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: I haven't read any of the other nominees, but Psycho-vertical was brilliant. Best mountaineering book I've read for a while.

It changed my idea of what aid-climbing was actually all about as well, an excellent book, and the bit with the 'pipe-bomb' at Camp 4 nearly made me piss myself.
Well done Andy, a completely deserved award. How's Cold Wars coming along? =o)
Profanisaurus Rex 24 Nov 2008

If you haven't read it already, do it! It's the best climbing book I've read in ages. Come to that, it's one of the best books of any genre that I've read in ages!
 220bpm 24 Nov 2008

Gratz Andy, well deserved

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...