UKC

NEWS: Major Upgrade to the UKC Logbook System

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
94,400 routes on 8,500 crags across the World
5,400 users recording nearly 600,000

Ever since it was set up back in 2005 we have been promising a major upgrade and their have been numerous threads on the forums discussing features and improvements that users want. For the last few weeks we have been hard at work realising many of these changes and phase one has been made public today.

Read more here - http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=09&year=2008#n45303
 Jon_Warner 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC: Good work Alan (& Others!), training diary is brill.

One thing that would improve it is that on the crag map, when you zoom in to the location of a crag, it would be good if you could click the green pinpoint icon and it would bring up a summary of details of that crag, along with the database link (as you would see on google maps for instance)

Anyway, great stuff
 Jon_Warner 08 Sep 2008
Oh.... my mistake it is possible! you just have to be zoomed in quite alot. User error :0)
 Boy Global Crag Moderator 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC: Good work, the logbook thing is getting better all the time.
How do I go about moving a location pin which is in the wrong place?
 Simon Caldwell 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC:
The 'Search for a climb' feature on the logbooks home page doesn't seem to work. I typed in a route name, selected the appropriate one from the dropdown list, and clicked on Continue - it gave an error 'To Search for a climb, please choose the climb from the pulldown menu'. Have tried this in both IE7 and Chrome.

In reply to Boy:
> How do I go about moving a location pin which is in the wrong place?

Just click on the 'Update crag details' button on the right of the crag page, and you can drag the location pin to the correct location, or add one if it is missing entirely.

We don't have locations for many crags outside of the UK, so it will be great if people can start updating them with locations so they can appear on the map.

Cheers
 Al Evans 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Toreador: Sometimes you just need to re-choose at that stage and it works.
In reply to Toreador:
> (In reply to Alan James - UKC)
> The 'Search for a climb' feature on the logbooks home page doesn't seem to work. I typed in a route name, selected the appropriate one from the dropdown list, and clicked on Continue - it gave an error 'To Search for a climb, please choose the climb from the pulldown menu'. Have tried this in both IE7 and Chrome.

Have you got javascript switched off? When you choose the climb from the pulldown list, it should automatically take you to the climb page. You shouldn't need to click the 'Continue' button at all.

I've just tried it myself in MSIE v7 and had no problems.
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:
> Have you got javascript switched off?

No

> When you choose the climb from the pulldown list, it should automatically take you to the climb page.

Well it still doesn't. Tried Firefox as well and it doesn't work there either. Have tried all sorts of things and can't get it to work at all!
 catt 08 Sep 2008

Damn it I'm meant to be working today and now you give us this new toy!

Cheers, a very quick glance says it looks cool and useful. Good stuff. One thing I noticed, can't navigate backwards easily from the 'add new activity page'.
In reply to Toreador: Hmm. It might be an old version of the javascript library is being cached by your browser. Can you try Ctrl+reload or Shift+reload, and then try to search again please?

Thanks
Yup, that's done the trick - thanks
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Nick,

Have located Todra Gorge at 31.587849, -5.591655 in google maps - is there a way of tagging it on UKC?
 steve taylor 08 Sep 2008

maybe related - often when I search for a crag (say "wallsend") and the drop-down list appears, when I click on the one I'm after (say "wallsend north") the list disappears and nothing happens.

I then have to type in "wallsend" again and try to click again - can take 3-4 attempts before it works.
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:
> Have located Todra Gorge at 31.587849, -5.591655 in google maps - is there a way of tagging it on UKC?

Absolutely, go to the page for Todra Gorge (using the new Find Crags search):
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/map/

then click 'Update crag details' on the right of the Todra Gorge page. You can place the map pin at the correct location, and update the database.

If we don't have Todra Gorge in the database yet, simply click 'Add missing Crag' and you can fill in a new crag entry.

Many thanks
In reply to steve taylor: That sounds very odd. Which web browser & version number are you using?

Thanks
 Toby S 08 Sep 2008

I've had a quick gander and I have to say I'm very impressed. I'll have a proper look when I get home from work but first impressions are good.
In reply to steve taylor:
> the list disappears and nothing happens.

have you tried the same thing that worked for me (ie Control+F5)?
 steve taylor 08 Sep 2008

IE6, on XP SP2.
 steve taylor 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Toreador:

Nope - I just click on the list, forgetting that it doesn't always work

Seems to be an issue only if I click on the item at position 1.
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat and Nick Smith:

Todra Gorge is an AREA so don't do what Nick said.

The individual crags in that area can have their map location adding as Nick suggests, some are already on the map.

I have added the Todra Region to the database with a map location.

Alan
 Offwidth 08 Sep 2008

Superb stuff, well done UKC. Might even get time one day to upload my own stuff.
 kevinknights 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC: Like the training diary - cheers!
In reply to Alan James - UKC: That's ok, I cannot load up the maps right now for some reason. Was going to ping each individual sector but will have to do this at home and then offer the links to the Todra FAQ article.

Cheers

G
 SFM 08 Sep 2008

It really is a shame that you've chosen to use Google maps. Otherwise seems pretty good. Will have to play a bit more and see what's new though.
In reply to SFM:
> It really is a shame that you've chosen to use Google maps.

As opposed to....?

We have been using Google Maps for years and developed a lot of code across the site to make the most of them. Our development started when there weren't any real alternatives. There are now a few but it would be an expensive process to change, and I don't know of any better ones that are free-to-use commercially like Google.

Alan
 Stuart S 08 Sep 2008

I'm having a bit of a problem trying to add a map location for the Buttermilks (I'm the moderator). I go through the process of placing the pin in the correct location (California), click on "Send update to UKC" but then when I try to view the changes I've made, the pin appears somewhere near Dodge City in central USA.

Any ideas?
 Stuart S 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Stuart S:

In fact, my browser (IE7) is now failing completly to open the public page for the Buttermilks and simply gives a dead link style error message.
 TRNovice 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Stuart S:

Maybe they moved The Buttermilks (I'm hoping they are on a World tour and will be stopping somewhere near London on this).
 Michael Ryan 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Stuart S:

It's a conspiracy Stuart, by Bishop locals to keep the area a secret.
 Stuart S 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

I suspect you may be onto something, Mick...
In reply to Stuart S:

You, as Crag Moderator, need to approve the change first.

I have just done this one while testing the system, but Crag Updates are not instant. You should have received an email sometime today which will inform you of this update.

Admittedly, we could probably by-pass this by recognising that you are the moderator hence entitled to make the update.

Cheers

Alan
 TRNovice 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
> (In reply to Stuart S)
>
> It's a conspiracy Stuart, by Bishop locals to keep the area a secret.

Have they kidnapped Josh Lowell and held him for ransom then?
 Stuart S 08 Sep 2008

Alan, the changes to the text (e.g. guidebook, access notes) appear to have been approved automatically as it recognised that I was the moderator. However, that doesn't explain why it thinks the Buttermilks are in Kansas after I placed the pin in California...
 Stuart S 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Stuart S:

I've also managed to add a map for Forada ok. Still struggling with the Buttermilks though.
 rusty_nails 08 Sep 2008

I was looking at the poll dubh crag page, and it wont show me any of the climbs listed for that area.

is it just teething problems, or is waiting on the mod re-inserting them?

cheers

adam
In reply to Stuart S: Yes, any changes you make as the crag moderator will update immediately.

There was a bug in the positioning code, it didn't like crags further west than Kansas! Now fixed, can you try again please?

Thanks
In reply to rusty_nails: Can you give a link to the crag page? Not sure which crag you mean.

Thanks
 Mike C 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Stuart S:
> (In reply to Stuart S)
>
> In fact, my browser (IE7) is now failing completly to open the public page for the Buttermilks and simply gives a dead link style error message.

I had the same problem earlier twice on Beinn Narnain after entering the routes, third time it was OK.
 SFM 08 Sep 2008

Something good!!!

Streetmap springs to mind for the UK(don't know about the free-to-use aspect) but appears that nothing much better out there for Europe et al. Michelin and Multimap are as good/bad as Google.

They are just such basic maps which I find useless for locating crags not beside a road.

What happened to the OS links you used to have? They were great

Stuart S 08 Sep 2008

I'm still getting an "Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage" error when I try to open the public page for the Buttermilks.

I'm heading away from my desk now, but will check again this evening from home to see how things are looking.
In reply to Stuart S: That page is working fine for me in Firefox and IE:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1909

It might just be your browser has got a corrupted cache or something. Try force-reloading the page with Ctrl+reload or Shift+reload. Fixes most problems!

Cheers
In reply to SFM:
> Streetmap springs to mind for the UK(don't know about the free-to-use aspect) but appears that nothing much better out there for Europe et al. Michelin and Multimap are as good/bad as Google.
>
> They are just such basic maps which I find useless for locating crags not beside a road.

Google Maps do have the Terrain and satellite mode which are excellent for locating crags.

> What happened to the OS links you used to have? They were great

That was StreetMap and we aren't able to use that for free any more.

Alan
 Chris the Tall 08 Sep 2008
Really like the map feature, but I think I've broken it
This address now seems to provoke an error
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=9008

For those of us who moderate multiple crags, it would be great to see a map of all our crags - partly to see at a glance which ones are wrong/missing, but mainly for the egotism factor of seeing the size of our empire
In reply to Chris the Tall: What error do you get? That page is working fine for me.
 rusty_nails 08 Sep 2008

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=807

It shows no climbs listed halfway down the page, and no way of accessing them if they are held elsewhere (like the old system where you clicked on a link to take you to the climbs).

regards

RN
Seems to work first time you go there, but then refresh and you get a message box say "Internet Explorer can't find the site... Operation aborted"

IE 7 on Windows XP
Actually, I'm getting it every time I refresh a public crag page

"Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site....

Operation aborted "
In reply to Chris the Tall: Thanks. I can now reproduce this bug in IE7, so I'll look into fixing it.

It works fine in Firefox!
> It works fine in Firefox!

I'm sure that will bring intense glee to the users of Firefox. All 5 of them

Stuart S 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> Seems to work first time you go there, but then refresh and you get a message box say "Internet Explorer can't find the site... Operation aborted"
>
> IE 7 on Windows XP

Glad it's not just me getting that message!
 Ali3735 08 Sep 2008

What happened to the "20 most recently updated logbooks" and the "people who have given you access to their private logbooks" sections? I might be being dense, but they don't seem to appear any more.

AJM
 AJM 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Ali3735:

Sorry, I forgot to switch logons..... not used to other people using my computer.....

AJM
In reply to Ali3735:
> What happened to the "20 most recently updated logbooks" and the "people who have given you access to their private logbooks" sections? I might be being dense, but they don't seem to appear any more.

True. The "20 most recently updated logbooks" was always a bit of a stop gap, when we first launched the logbooks, and only a few people were using it. These days we can get over 100 people updating their logbooks on any given day, so it doesn't really make sense to show the latest 20. You can get a feel for what other people have been doing with the bigger "New additions to Logbooks" table on the same page:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/

If you want to access logbooks of your partners, there is the 'Edit Partners page', and the bottom of that page lists everyone who lists you as a partner (private access or not):
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/partners.html

Cheers

AJM 08 Sep 2008

I'd have said the latest 20 probably shows about 10 times as long timewise as the "Latest additions" page though, surely? - my "Latest additions" page shows about 11 people at the minute and may not even show all the routes that have been added by those people.

The second one - ok, cheers. I found the old list was quite handy for the idle browsing to see what those people you've met a couple of times at the crag but haven't actually climbed with etc have been up to, which this one doesn't, but the page you've referenced is better than nothing......

AJM
 TobyA 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Excellent work Nick - but is there still a queue of crags waiting for UKC to approve? I still can't change anything on this crag: http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=9190 despite being the moderator.
 James Moyle 08 Sep 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC: Had a bit of a play and it all looks brilliant. Love the maps, love the training diary, it all great. I get the same eror message as above but otherwise it is an improvement on an already good service.
In reply to TobyA:

There are a few of these which Charles hasn't got round to confirming yet. The old system required all updates to go through an email confirmation process which was picked up by Charles (and myself) and then needed to be confirmed. It was quite a laborious process and Charles needs a great deal of praise for the job he has done over the years.

The new system has removed all this but the old crag updates need confirming in order to release the crags into the system. I'll try and work through a few myself but I know Charles had a system so I don't want to muck that up for him.

Alan
In reply to TobyA:

I've just okayed those two. There are loads actually that need doing.

Unfortunately that crag presents a big problem since it has been entered without an Area or a Region (this is no longer possible in the new system). The database has a lot of crags in the 'Unknown - Unknown' category which will all need allocating somewhere eventually.

I can understand why these were uploaded into the Unknown category however can you tell me exactly what region Kvaløya is? Then I can create an Area for these crags to be added to.

Current Regions for Norway are - South, North and Centre. I expect one of those covers it since Norway doesn't really have an east or west.

Alan

TobyA 08 Sep 2008
> (In reply to TobyA)
>
> I've just okayed those two. There are loads actually that need doing.
>
> Unfortunately that crag presents a big problem since it has been entered without an Area or a Region (this is no longer possible in the new system). The database has a lot of crags in the 'Unknown - Unknown' category which will all need allocating somewhere eventually.
>
> I can understand why these were uploaded into the Unknown category however can you tell me exactly what region Kvaløya is? Then I can create an Area for these crags to be added to.
>
> Current Regions for Norway are - South, North and Centre. I expect one of those covers it since Norway doesn't really have an east or west.

Out of those it's very much North, but as it is a large island with dozens of crags and its own guide, will there be a subdivision within North? i.e. Kvaloya, Lofoten, Lyngen etc?

And Norway does have an east - a far east indeed! Kirkenes is about as far east as Cairo!

In reply to TobyA:

I have just spent all evening confirming all those crags in the queue so they should be accessible now. I added a map pin using the new system which should mean that you get a confirmation email with the location (which wasn't exact I must admit but you can fine tune the location).

Alan

TobyA 09 Sep 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC: Thanks so much Alan! I will update those that I moderate shortly! cheers, Toby.
> (In reply to TobyA)
>
> I have just spent all evening confirming all those crags in the queue so they should be accessible now. I added a map pin using the new system which should mean that you get a confirmation email with the location (which wasn't exact I must admit but you can fine tune the location).
>
> Alan

I got the email for my submission in morocco - perfect. Thanks Alan and team. Will get the rest done when I get my guide back.
 abercolin 09 Sep 2008

The thing that would make the biggest difference to me would be the ability to edit entries already in your logbook. After a long day out, it is very easy to get a bit click happy and wind up recording your route in the wrong year or with the wrong partner etc. So far I don't seem to be able to change this - unless I'm missing something simple....
 popebenedictus 09 Sep 2008
In reply to abercolin:

Go to the route entry in the database. Your entry should appear at the top and there is a little tab below e notes section that allows you to edit the entry
In reply to abercolin: Have you read the Help Page?
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/help.html
 ericinbristol 09 Sep 2008

Just a quick note to say thanks very much. I like the diary facility in particular...
 DanT 09 Sep 2008

Hi Guys, really like the changes you've made.

I'm just populating my training diary and I've found a slight gripe. When you enter a distance in miles it gets converted to kms (no problem with that) but if you go back to edit it the units have changed back to miles but the distance shown is for kms. i.e. if I enter 5 miles this is converted to 8.05 km if I edit the entry without touching distance it is saved as 8.05 miles which is then converted to 12.96 km.

So if you edit an activity a couple of times without checking this you can find it suddenly shows you went twice a far as you thought. A very minor gripe but a little confusing until you realise whats going on.

As I said really nice job on the changes and good look on ironing out the creases that always turn up when you release software in to the wild.

Cheers

Dan
In reply to DanT:
>> I'm just populating my training diary and I've found a slight gripe. When you enter a distance in miles it gets converted to kms (no problem with that) but if you go back to edit it the units have changed back to miles but the distance shown is for kms. i.e. if I enter 5 miles this is converted to 8.05 km if I edit the entry without touching distance it is saved as 8.05 miles which is then converted to 12.96 km.
>
> So if you edit an activity a couple of times without checking this you can find it suddenly shows you went twice a far as you thought. A very minor gripe but a little confusing until you realise whats going on.

Many thanks. That is definitely a bug! which I've just fixed.

Cheers
 thomasadixon 09 Sep 2008

I don't know if it's just me but now if I flick through the logbooks and try to go back I get this message -

"Internet explorer cannot open the internet site <whatever>

Operation aborted."
 UKB Shark 09 Sep 2008

Whilst stopping short of saying the wait was worth it can I just say bloody well done....

I'm going to try to use it as tool to sort my life out. I can target things I things you want to achieve in my home and worklife as well. eg for yesterday - Business Development -Intensity Low !!

Best, Simon
 DanT 09 Sep 2008

NICE! 11 minutes post to post for the fix, that has to be some kind of record
 Ian Patterson 09 Sep 2008
In reply to Simon Lee:
> (In reply to Nick Smith - UKC)
>
> Whilst stopping short of saying the wait was worth it can I just say bloody well done....
>
I'd second that - it's a neat little tool which seems to balance pretty well flexibility with ease of use. Some of the more sophisticated requests (you know who you are Serpico!) might be useful but could also risk making it much more complicated to understand and use.

I have got a strange error to report - wife registered so she could use the diary, seems to work OK but she can't add activities or excercies. Works OK on my login.
 LewisDale 09 Sep 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC: the new diairy system is great but i cant add new activities
 LewisDale 09 Sep 2008
In reply to LewisDale: and I cant add extras either for some reason, is this a bug or does the system take more time to update the diary?
In reply to LewisDale: What happens when you try? Do you get an error message?
In reply to thomasadixon: What page is giving that error? Can you post the URL please?
 LewisDale 09 Sep 2008
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: no error message, in fact nothing looks wrong except for the missing catergory.
 LewisDale 09 Sep 2008
In reply to LewisDale: it actually says diary updated, but ive checked a few times and the added catergorys arnt there.
In reply to LewisDale: Have you tried reloading the page, holding down the Shift or Ctrl key? Might be your browser showing you an old version of the page.

Cheers
 Dawn Patterson 09 Sep 2008

Sounds like the problem I've described above, get the message

Updated <exercise> into your diary.... OK

But it hasn't. Get same problem with adding activities. Not a browers problem since it works OK on same session with my user but not for user 'Dawn Patterson'
 wilbobaggins 09 Sep 2008
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC & LewisDale:

I've had this same problem. I've tried adding Squash a couple of times, the page says "adding to activities [OK]" (or something similar) but it doesn't show up as an activity. Tried reloading etc., left it a day, reload again still nothing.
 AndyM-LVB 09 Sep 2008
In reply to wilbobaggins:

I'm having the same problem.
In reply to AndyM-LVB: Ah HA!

Thanks to everyone who has reported that problem (extras and activities can't be created). It was only effecting certain user profiles, but the bug should now be fixed.
 AndyM-LVB 09 Sep 2008
Problem solved! Thanks.
 James Moyle 09 Sep 2008
In reply to AndyM-LVB: I think Nick deserves a standing ovation. Come on everyone, on your feet...
 kevinknights 10 Sep 2008
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Is it possible to have a option change for displaying distance - mine (graphs etc) does everything as km - is there a way (something on an options page?) to display in miles?

Cheers

Kevin
In reply to kevinknights: Yes, we'll probably do that in the future. You can enter distance in miles, but it then converts it to km for you.

Cheers
 Chris the Tall 10 Sep 2008
Can you add Tennis to the list of Training activities - I've got a game tomorrow night. Failing that, how about a category of Other Sport
In reply to Chris the Tall: You do know you can add your own activities, don't you Chris? Just click on 'edit activities' link on the Add to Diary page.

Cheers
 annakyn 10 Sep 2008

Nice one, looks good. One quibble though... You've nicely included parts of France in the map view and excluded us climbers in Shetland. We've been gradually adding our database of routes into yours for a few years now so any chance of re-centring the map?!
 Owen W-G 10 Sep 2008

Yet more great work Alan.

One thing I'd be curious to know (being a proud stato in both my professional and private lives) is how the top 20 most popular route list would look like if broken down by grade.
In reply to annakyn:
> Nice one, looks good. One quibble though... You've nicely included parts of France in the map view and excluded us climbers in Shetland. We've been gradually adding our database of routes into yours for a few years now so any chance of re-centring the map?!

Not quite sure what you mean here. The map changes depending of what you are looking at. For example, on this page it is a Shetland crag - http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=3430

Alan
In reply to Owen W-G:
> One thing I'd be curious to know (being a proud stato in both my professional and private lives) is how the top 20 most popular route list would look like if broken down by grade.

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes such a list would be interesting.

Alan
 Mike C 10 Sep 2008

Nick - still having the problem mentioned by Stuart Stronach, myself & others above.
This time I edited some of the general info for Beinn Narnain & when looking at a photo, on backpaging got an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" window. Then, attempting to try again got the same window when using the public crag page link.

Had another go & got to public pages again after mod page but had same problem after looking at a photo.

XP/IE7, usual Windows setup.

Mike
In reply to Mike C: Yes, I haven't been able to track this problem down yet. It is something very strange that only effects Internet Explorer.

Have you tried a better web browser? Firefox is excellent, and more secure. Safari is also quite good, as is Opera, and there is Google's new Chrome browser as well.
 annakyn 11 Sep 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC: I actually meant on the main view Alan. Just when you first view the map (before you zoom in on an area) the map is centred so that Shetland is just excluded! Wasn't really being serious though. We're used to being cut off maps up here!!

Get the following error: "Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=201 Operation aborted"

Got it by the following sequence:

Search for "Wastad"
Click on crag link
Click on any route link
Click the back button

Does this for any route and seemingly any crag, have tried several. One thing I've noticed is that when you click on a route link the route description is opened in a new window and I think the browser is getting confused because the back link points to the crag page but because it's a new window it doesn't have a history item to go to.

Using IE6 on Win XP

ALC
 DaveR 11 Sep 2008

I'm trying to find out what crags are near a certain location. I enter the postcode and hit search. The circle is drawn in the right place with loads of green pins in the circle, but there is no list of crags like it used to give i think?

DaveR 11 Sep 2008
In reply to DaveR:

just tried it with other postcodes and it works, and also if i just put in the first half of the postcode I was after it works. Strange.
In reply to DaveR:
> I'm trying to find out what crags are near a certain location. I enter the postcode and hit search. The circle is drawn in the right place with loads of green pins in the circle, but there is no list of crags like it used to give i think?

Good bug! Basically for some postcodes/addresses, the map location search was finding a location in the UK, but the list of crags search was finding a location in the USA! I've now fixed this so that they should always find the same location.

Cheers
 Guy Maccdox 15 Sep 2008
In reply to a lakeland climber:

I get a similar error when opening any crag page. The Microsoft pop-up window states that it has encountered a problem and will shut down (option to send error report details to Microsoft).

Summary information:
Any crag URL eg. http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=900
Most of the page builds before the error occurs. Error report info:
AppName: iexplore.exe
AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106
ModName: jscript.dll
ModVer: 5.6.0.8513
Offset: 0000967d
(Windows 2000 5.00.2195 SP4)
 chris_j_s 15 Sep 2008
In reply to Guy Maddox:

I get this too.

It is the result of hitting the back button after any navigation away from the crag summary page.
 climbingrick 15 Sep 2008
In reply to chris_j_s:

yep me to on the back button point.

also im new to this training diary thing, it looks all good and seems to work well for its intended use, however i would find it more useful if i could input advanced dates as in thing im going to do, like a training planner.
dont know if this has been raised before just thinking!
 catt 15 Sep 2008

Hi Nick,

A diary query - I've taken to recording my weight and sleep as notes every day, even on rest days. But you still count this as a day of exercise in the stats. Can this be fixed so that if only notes are present for a day it doesn't count as exercise?

cheers,
Iain
 Guy Maccdox 15 Sep 2008
In reply to chris_j_s:
> (In reply to Guy Maddox)
> It is the result of hitting the back button after any navigation away from the crag summary page.

In my case it is slightly different but I have discovered that the problem is caused by a missing Microsoft Windows Update. If all updates are done, the problem should be fixed.

In reply to Guy Maddox: Which update fixes the problem? I've only been able to get the problem with Internet Explorer v7 - all the other browsers I've tried have been fine.
 Guy Maccdox 15 Sep 2008

Replied via direct email.
petejh 16 Sep 2008
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: I've noticed on the graphs page the trad grsph only seems to recognise climbs with the british grading and not YDS etc. Kind of annoying because I climb in n.america mostly.

I only get the problem with IE6 at work. IE7 at home is fine, it probably has taken the automatic update at some point prior to you updating the logbooks. Not sure which update it will have been. Firefox and Chrome work fine.

ALC
In reply to Alan James - UKC: Thanks for all the kind words, and feedback we've had on the new Crags & Logbooks pages. The new Diary has got off to a flying start, with over 300 users in the first 24 hours! We've already had some 16,000 km of running/cycling/rowing/swimming logged, and a total of 3,800 hours of exercise!!!

We might not be able to respond to every suggestion, but they are all being read and added to the ToDo list for a future upgrade of the system, so please keep them coming! If you prefer, just email us your suggestions.

Many thanks
 alunallcock 17 Sep 2008
In reply to petejh:

And "UKC" stands for...........

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...