£1,000: The Marmot "On Sight" Film Clip COMPETITION

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 18 Aug 2008
Moving pictures and sound are more powerful than words or pictures and yet these days almost anyone can put together a small video clip.

There's over £1,000 worth of Marmot gear up for grabs in this Marmot "On Sight" Film Clip Competition. It's about expressing yourself, sharing your adventures and hopefully entertaining people - whether serious, funny or whimsical!

All the details are here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1202

Including an: Exclusive Preview of the Posing Productions film ON SIGHT
 slacky 19 Aug 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

How does the copyright pan out on this competition?

Obviously the film makers submitting will have placed their work in the public domain (Vimeo/YouTube/whatever) and applied whatever copyright they choose.

In similar photographic competitions the most common practice is that by submitting your picture to the competition you surrender all entitlement to assert your copyright and it is passed to the organisers of the competition. They can then use your picture as they see fit, for example in promotional articles saying "This is the pic that won." (not surprising really), but also in the future should they require stock photos for something (and not have to pay the creator any subsequent royalties for the use of their work).

How are things to work under this? Is it to be similar to photographic competitions.

Even if there is no current intention to use submitted videos, perhaps a statement that copyright will remain with the person who created the video would be of reassurance to those intending to participate.

Just curious really given the huge commercial impact this site can have and the revenue it generates.
OP Michael Ryan 19 Aug 2008
In reply to slacky:

"copyright will remain with the person who created the video"

I've added that to the competition page.

Thanks slacky.
 Morgan Woods 19 Aug 2008
In reply to slacky:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>> Just curious really given the huge commercial impact this site can have and the revenue it generates.

yes the owners will be driving their rolls royces and bentleys to no 10 later in the month.
 slacky 19 Aug 2008

Not a problem, easier to have these things clear from the outset than have to wrangle over them further down the line.
 SonyaD 19 Aug 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: You'll be showing all the entrants video clips on here, is that right? Look forward to watching them.
In reply to lasonj:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) You'll be showing all the entrants video clips on here, is that right?

Yes.

Also DEADLINE extended from 12th to 19th September.
Pandora 01 Sep 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com

Is there any restriction on what else we can do with the clip. For example; is it OK if it's also been submitted for the Kendal Festival Short Film comp?
 Zojo 19 Sep 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Will you guys be sending out confirmation that you've received entries? Just wanna make sure you got it Cheers
 Dan Goodwin 28 Sep 2008
In reply to Zojo:

are you able to enter two films or is it just the one ??????????

Cheers Dan
OP Michael Ryan 28 Sep 2008
In reply to Dan Goodwin:

emailed you Dan...enter away
neil.....34 29 Sep 2008

so can i enter 2 films, since mine was rushed for the first deadline, and now my thread with the video has turned into a debate about the whole comp

On all the other films everyone is discussing the film, but on this well read for yourself

thanks
OP Michael Ryan 29 Sep 2008
In reply to neil.....34:

Hi Neil,

Yes please do submit another. More will be going live this week.

Mick
neil.....34 29 Sep 2008

Just one suggestion, but I personally find it very to find all the clips, they seem to be scattered everywere across this forum, is it just me being stupid.

But if I am not, can you make a special place for them so people can view them all rather than whats just current?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...