NEW GEAR: The OutDoor INDUSTRY AWARDS 2008

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 29 Jul 2008
This year, the OutDoor INDUSTRY AWARD competition was held by Messe Friedrichshafen for the third time. A total of 280 entries from 25 different countries were submitted to this year's innovation award.

Here are the winners, that include someone who is a regular at UKClimbing.com.

Read more: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1181
 beardy mike 29 Jul 2008
The Mammut Smart belay device looks a little similar to one of WC's old belay plates... can't remember what it was called... nicely designed though...
 Morgan Woods 29 Jul 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

cool.....good to see Mammut expanding their range though would be nice if their stuff was more widely available in the uk.
OP Michael Ryan 29 Jul 2008
In reply to Morgan Woods:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> cool.....good to see Mammut expanding their range though would be nice if their stuff was more widely available in the uk.

That is changing significantly. Mammut have new UK head office in Macclesfield. Expect to see more Mammut products in the UK from their trademark Alpine kit and ropes, sport and trad,and 'urban climbing'.

beardy mike 29 Jul 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Now that really IS an improvement... good stuff!
 Morgan Woods 29 Jul 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

that would be great....as far as i could tell you could only get their stuff in the dmm shop (now V12 i guess) and cotswald outdoor.

no reason why patagucci and arcteryx should have the top end market to themselves.

my extreme 45L pack is still going sting after years of abuse....their trousers are impossibly sized however and cannot be worn by mortals under 6ft.
 Paul B 30 Jul 2008
In reply to Morgan Woods:

My experience of the bolts given the silver award aren't great. I don't believe they are the solution to the sustainability issues surround bolts.
They deform very quickly under load compared to other commercially available products and even homemade staples.
 Jubjab 30 Jul 2008
In reply to mike kann:

How exactly does the Mammut Smart belay device work? Are there any technical details available, for example its weight?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...