WINNERS: PrAna Climbing Facial Expressions Photo Comp

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 09 Jul 2008
We'd like to thank everyone who entered the prAna PHOTO COMPETITION. We had 318 entries and all were voted on.

The winners are:

Mike Nuttall of Leeds, UK
Pierre-Arnoud Chouvy, Bois le Roi, France
Dave Anderson, Lander, Wyoming, USA
Stuart Littlefair, Sheffield, UK
Katherine Hubbard, London, UK

Full Details: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=07&year=2008#n45164

Article with winning photo's: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1147
 owlart 09 Jul 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: I can't believe no-one's commented on this yet! Well done to the winners, some great photos there! I wish my photos were anywhere near public-viewing quality!
Boddingtons 09 Jul 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC:

Scrolling through the Competition galery, to see what the UKC 'public' votes were I can't find the Dave Anderson picture?

Or have I just gone blind?
 Pids 09 Jul 2008
In reply to owlart:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC) I can't believe no-one's commented on this yet! Well done to the winners, some great photos there!

Indeed, a fun competition that produced many memorable pictures - well done to the winners
 KeithW 09 Jul 2008

Well done Mike & the other winners. Some great entries all round.
James Jackson 09 Jul 2008

Jack, you're meant to be an editor, how did you let this slip through?:

"Article with winning photo's:"
OP Jack Geldard 09 Jul 2008
In reply to James Jackson:
> (In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC)
>
> Jack, you're meant to be an editor, how did you let this slip through?:
>
> "Article with winning photo's:"

Shurely Shome Mishtake?

Are you talking about my use of an apostrophe to indicate the omission of the letters 'graph'? If so, come on - I suppose it can be argued either way - photo is perhaps a recognised word in itself, but it is an abbreviation of photograph, meaning the apostrophe use is correct. Get out more!

You'll find loads of typo's (typographical errors - hence the apostrophe) and mistakes all over the site, if they're truly awful then just email me and I'll change them when I get chance - it's pretty fast paced I'm afraid - the upsides and downsides of the web.

Great shots, well done to all the winners!

Thanks,

Jack

andyinglis 09 Jul 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Editor - UKC: That not stuart littlefair in the picture, its definitely barry ferguson!!!!!
 RocknRoll 15 Jul 2008

What a rubbish competition. Almost as rubbish as that rubbish article about the Cliffhanger competition by that rubbish woman.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...