UKC

NEWS: UKClimbing Summit Meeting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
There have been some changes to UKClimbing.com over the last few months and this weekend we had an informal meeting at UKC HQ to discuss ideas for future site developments. Present were Mick Ryan, Jack Geldard, Nick Smith and myself, Alan James.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=07&year=2008#n45123
 Fidget 06 Jul 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC:

That vid makes me want to go and climb at Stoney! There's two routes on my wishlist on that bit of crag (if it's the bit I think!). Luckily I have a trip planned there in the next couple of weeks - although with the intention of doing the three through route, not those routes. Not so keen on the music though, although it does put me in mind of busy little UKC people.

lowersharpnose 06 Jul 2008

I enjoyed the short video.

I noticed a couple of errors in the route description.

http://new.rockfax.com/databases/r.php?i=1961

A popular training excercise....The driect is harder but less moves

The last phrase should read "The direct is harder, but [has] fewer moves"

lsn

Ropeboy 07 Jul 2008

No sound when I watch, tried to watch it from the Youtube and it wouldn't play at all?

J
In reply to cider nut:
> That vid makes me want to go and climb at Stoney! There's two routes on my wishlist on that bit of crag (if it's the bit I think!). Luckily I have a trip planned there in the next couple of weeks - although with the intention of doing the three through route, not those routes. Not so keen on the music though, although it does put me in mind of busy little UKC people.

Music composed by busy little UKC person's daughter on Garage Band (not that I am letting this fact get me disproportionately offended by your comment).

We were amazed at how dry the crag was in the conditions. It was raining really heavily but there were still a few routes completely dry and several with just wetish finishes. The funny thing is that 25 years ago, before climbing walls, I used to know that Stoney was always dry.

Alan
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 07 Jul 2008

I can't believe you sent Jack up the gnarly, fingery direct, Alan.

The original which swings left and laybacks off the short flake is a far more elegant solution.

Let me know if you want a 'proper' guide next time you come to Stoney, Jack.

Neil
 Tyler 07 Jul 2008
In reply to Neil Foster:

Is Jack really tall or is the hard climbing really only two moves long?

Fidget 07 Jul 2008

There's nothing wrong with the music, just not my thing - no offence was intended...
In reply to Neil Foster:

He was onsighting! Can't help it if he chose the wrong holds.

Alan
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 07 Jul 2008

Ah - sorry Alan!

Jack - I can't believe you sent the gnarly, fingery direct.

The original which swings left and laybacks off the short flake is a far more elegant solution.

Let me know if you want proper guidance next time you come to Stoney.

Neil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...