FRIDAY NIGHT VIDEO: Andy Parkin Documentary Preview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Later this year sees the release of a documentary celebrating the life and achievements of one of the finest raw talents to emerge from the British climbing scene. Andy Parkin - “A Life in Adaptation” looks at the life of the Sheffield lad who despite adversity has become one of the world's outstanding solo climbers and a widely acclaimed artist. Produced by Blue Hippo Media and Weekday Productions, the film is now being internationally recognised and sponsored by UKClimbing.com as the UK media partner.

Check the preview out here - http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/

Read an article about Andy here - http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1128

Henry Iddon 27 Jun 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC:

Looking forward to that, Andy is a really great guy, setting his mountaineering achievements to one side, he deserves huge respect for his art.
 Doug 27 Jun 2008
In reply to Alan James - UKC: good article but could you check the formatting ? I don't usually have to scroll horizontally to read items on UKC
> the life of the Sheffield lad who despite adversity has become one of the world's outstanding solo climbers and a widely acclaimed artist...

...and someone nice and patient enough to listen to my nonstop chatting for one hour in a Zermatt pub last year - an ordeal worse than any Himalayan epic!!!!
Weekday-Bluehippomedia 28 Jun 2008
In reply to Luca Signorelli:

its really good to begin to hear from people their perspectives on Andy
we are really hoping this documentary will bring to life for many one of lifes true characters: ofcourse we are biased!

if you have any questions about the documentary please just ask

pip piper
producer
 JamieAyres 03 Jul 2008
In reply to Weekday-Bluehippomedia:

Sounds great and am looking forward to seeing it as he seems such an interesting and inspiring character.

On another note - can you provide any further info on the short film about Gary Hemming? Would really, really love to see that - such an enigmatic character if what I read in the Tendorini book and other places is anything to go by.
Removed User 03 Jul 2008

I look forward to this. Andy Parkin is for me one of a few especially inspiring people in mountaineering. Here's hoping it does him justice.

Stuart

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...