UKC

NEWS: How Popular is UKClimbing.com?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 13 Apr 2008
We do have our own statistics as regards readership but we thought we would share some independent UKClimbing.com readership statistics with you.

First off is Google Analytics followed by our Alexa.com ranking.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=04&year=2008#n43652
Climbing Narcissist 14 Apr 2008
In reply to UKC News:

Very impressive...making me rather jealous I must say
 philo 15 Apr 2008
In reply to UKC News:
beaten in stats by ukb! word
 bouldery bits 15 Apr 2008
In reply to UKC News:

Anyone really care???

nope, me neither!
 TobyA 15 Apr 2008
In reply to philo:

> beaten in stats by ukb! word

Only for people who don't understand simple concepts like "rank". Does that say something about UKB?
 Mike Stretford 15 Apr 2008
In reply to bouldery bits:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Anyone really care???
>

I do..... the alexa site is damn useful (if accurate). Say you want to post a question climbing question, it's useful to know which is the most visited site in which country.

To all: Suprised too see that globally yahoo is number 1... thought google had it sewn up. Oh and can anyone explain UKB's popularity in Slovenia?

lowersharpnose 15 Apr 2008
In reply to UKC News:

How do those figures compare with last year?

Does more traffic translate to more revenue?

lsn
 Michael Ryan 15 Apr 2008
In reply to lowersharpnose:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> How do those figures compare with last year?

News page monthly views: 12 months ago: 59,095; Now: 88,622

Registered users: 12 months ago: 31,353; Now: 43,089 (deleted daily if inactive for 12 months)

Interesting this one: maximum users at the forums is 552 people in April 07, this month (April 2008) it was 505.

Some article page views reach 2,000-3,000 within a week.

We are concentrating on video at the moment, lot of work to do there. This article/video gives some indication..

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=842

Views: 4,336

> Does more traffic translate to more revenue?

As more companies realise and are educated about the reach that UKClimbing.com has to the UK climbing community, the more of them advertise. The limiting factor is getting the message out, which is my job. More advertising revenue and the more we can do as regards content. The big step this year was taking Jack on as a dedicated Editor.

In reply to lowersharpnose:
> Does more traffic translate to more revenue?

As Mick says above.

More traffic means potential to raise more advertising but we, and Mick especially, have to put a lot of hard work to turn that increase into actual revenue. Simply getting more people on the site doesn't do anything apart from add to our bandwidth costs a bit.

Alan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...