UKC

NEWS: Bullock climbs New Route in the Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Geldard 23 Jan 2008
Nick Bullock, currently in Chamonix for the winter, reports a possible new start to the Cecchinel-Jager '68 summer route on the East Face of the Pointe Lachenal.

Read More: http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
OP Jack Geldard 23 Jan 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor: News report now up dated with more info and details from Matt Helliker.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 francoisecall 23 Jan 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor: So what? Another variation a few meters of the original route?
Wes 24 Jan 2008
In reply to francoisecall:

Good on 'em-Brits getting it done always good to see
 jongriffith 25 Jan 2008
In reply to francoisecall:
> So what? Another variation a few meters of the original route?

that doesnt make it any less of an achievement does it?
 Michael Ryan 25 Jan 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC: What grade is it? (scottish winter equiv. or WI plus M-grade?)
 francoisecall 26 Jan 2008
In reply to jongriffith: Did you take the photo of Nuit Blanche hanging from the top belay?
 Marc C 26 Jan 2008
In reply to Jack Geldard - Assistant Editor: Help! Wish I could a) stop seeing this thread topic and thinking it refers to Sandra Bullock, and b) then hypothesizing a hike named after her, going from Chamonix to Argentiere, known as The C.A.Sandra Crossing
 jongriffith 26 Jan 2008
In reply to francoisecall: yup. set up a 60m static line
 francoisecall 30 Jan 2008
In reply to jongriffith:

Yes, You are right. That was a mean comment from me. I am just jealous. Apologies to Nick Bullock who has been very generous with his advice.

Did you have a look at it? Fancy a second ascent? I will go and look at it from the start next week, although I am afraid it might be out of my league to lead.
 jongriffith 30 Jan 2008
In reply to francoisecall: So am I mind, I've only been up climbing once this month! Not sure if I am quite ready for Scottish 8 to be honest! Was up on M6 solar yesterday and it was more of a dry tooling day out than anything else so the grade could be even higher!
 francoisecall 30 Jan 2008
In reply to jongriffith: What about aiding?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...