UKC

NEWS: Lakes Second Area Meeting Goes With A Bang

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 05 Dec 2007
The BMC Lakes Area Meeting and AGM was held at the Staveley Beer Hall on Wednesday 28th November and much progress is being made.

Martin Kocsis of the BMC tells us that 52 people came to sample the delights of Hawkshead Bitter (OG 1037, ABV 3.7% ) and Lakeland Gold ( OG 1043, ABV 4.4% ) as well as joining the stalwarts of the Lakes Area Meeting of old to inject some energy into the Cumbrian climbing community.

Read the full gory details at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 BelleVedere 05 Dec 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - Editor - UKC:

any idea where you can sign up to the news letter?

I think Ronnie took the bolt hangers off 'The Helm' at Windmore End, and not Helm Crag (though I could be wrong) -- see recent discussion on this site.
 JDDD 05 Dec 2007
In reply to es: You can download it from here

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/Download.aspx?id=171

If you are a member of the BMC and you live in the Lakes you will no doubt get an email about it. Alternatively you can email Martin at the BMC (martin@thebmc.co.uk) I am sure he will add you to the list.
 BelleVedere 05 Dec 2007
In reply to Jon Dittman:

I am a member - but live further up north now - but i'm still a lakes girl at heart so would be interested to receive it

Thanks for the link
 net 05 Dec 2007
In reply to Lord of Starkness: Yeah it was the Helm not Helm Crag.
OP Michael Ryan 05 Dec 2007

My bad. Forgot to put details of the AGM.

Present: John Burrows (retiring Chair), Martin Kocsis (BMC), Peter Latimer (Footpath Access Co-ordinator), Dave Turnbull (BMC), Marian Parsons (Secretary) plus about 50 local climbers and walkers – thanks to all who turned out, it was a popular venue with much beer and discussion.

2. Minutes of the last AGM held on 28th November 2006 were circulated and approved.

3. Annual Report: John Burrows.

Real progress has been seen in attendance figures at meetings of late, probably due to extra publicity and bribes such as free food. Colyn Earnshaw has stimulated much progress on uncovering, and resolving or attempting to resolve, access problems, by a system of local volunteer watchdogs deployed around the Lakes. Additional offers of help would be welcomed. The long-standing dispute about Sergeant Crag Slabs continues; this has been an issue since 2002.

4.Election of Officers:
Chair: Al Phizacklea.
Secretary: Marian Parsons
National Council Reps: Tom Ripley, Polly Sullivan
Access Co-ordinator: Peter Latimer
Footpath Co-ordinator: Stephen Reid

5. There was a vote of thanks for all the hard work undertaken by John Burrows as the former Chairman.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...