UKC

NEWS: Kendal Mountain Festival: The Film Winners..KIng Lines

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 19 Nov 2007
The Kendal Mountain Festivals ended this weekend and the winners of the film competition were announced.

The Grand Prize (sponsored by Berghaus) was won by producers Josh Lowell of Big UP Productions and Peter Mortimer of Sender Films and their film, King Lines, a film about Chris Sharma.

Several UK filmmakers were also awarded prizes for their work.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 GrahamD 19 Nov 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

No doubt some good moments in the film and its a pretty slick production. It doesn't really stick to the "looking for the best lines in the world" theme with the ego trip bouldering competition stuff, though !
 gethin_allen 19 Nov 2007

I digress slightly from the topic as I didn't get to see king lines however, did anyone else think that the trad part of psyche was a bit of a let down? the sport and alpine films were top quality though and i got some nice free stuff.
 beermonkey 19 Nov 2007

Bit of a weird film I thought, kind of a 'Miami Vice' style version of a climbing film with all the speedboats and girls in bikinis. Quite well shot but can't say I was that impressed to be honest.
TimS 20 Nov 2007
In reply to beermonkey:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> Quite well shot

Compared to what a Michael Mann film?!

I think King Lines is a deserved winner - amazingly shot and conveys Sharma's drive and passion.

london_huddy 20 Nov 2007
Didn't think too much of it to be honest...compared to Psyche it seemed very ego and sponsor based.

GrahamD 20 Nov 2007
In reply to hindu:

Well it was certainly a bigger budget production and much more main stream public appeal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...