UKC

NEWS: Planet Fear News by Shane Ohly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 25 Oct 2007
Unfortunately planetFear went into administration at the end of September and stopped trading. The planetFear website has now been sold to new owners (Quba New Media, the company that built the planetFear website) but Narrowcast Media Ltd that used to own planetFear is no longer in existence.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Henry Iddon 25 Oct 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Every credit to Shane and his team for

a) giving the the whole enterprise a go in the first place.
b) being open and honest with this news item.

I'm sure its been a tough ride especially of late, good luck for the future.
 Ian Parnell 25 Oct 2007
In reply to Henry Iddon:

I'd like to add my "best wishes for the future" for Planetfear team. People like Shane willing to give things a go are vital to our climbing community. I'm sure the good memories of the planetfear journey outweigh the bad and should stand you in good stead for future adventures.
 tommyzero 25 Oct 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: I booked a trad climbing instruction session through planetfear in September and it was good service (especially considering what must have been going on behind the scenes). Good luck for the future guys.
 Chris the Tall 25 Oct 2007
All best to Shane and the rest of the staff

It's very sad when a company as innovative as they were don't make it.

And I'll really miss the annual quiz - I might actually get some work done in December now !
 matt_chan 25 Oct 2007

Very sad to see PlanetFear fold after all the hard work Shane and the team clearly put into it. All the best for the future.
 Lancs Lad 25 Oct 2007

Ta for keeping us posted, always had great service from Planet Fear people, friendly and fast.
 IanT 25 Oct 2007

Real shame, alway's had great service when I went there. Good luck to all the team!
 Katie Weston 25 Oct 2007
Again, kudos to Shane for being so open. It's a shame it all folded, at the university of Sheffield High Peak Club we still have fond memories of your discount days, and are really grateful to the support you gave us by sponsoring the high peak marathon last year.
 DAVETHOMAS90 26 Oct 2007

It seems difficult to offer congratulations in the circumstances, but I'd like to offer a personal Well Done to Shane and everyone who has worked at Planet Fear, for their enthusiasm and integrity; I'm sure we won't have seen the last of you!

Dave T.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...