UKC

NEWS: Climb Like A Girl Not A Hairy-Chested Male

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 02 Oct 2007
"What happens next is a big thing for Harrison-Murray and a leap for womankind. This 63-year-old science teacher is one of a growing band of females taking up climbing despite the sport’s hairy-chested, male roots."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news
 Glyn Jones 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Was the 'Dike Wall' picture intended?
 David Peters 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: “It really shaped my waist, thank you very much, and toned my body,” says Anna Gregory, chairwoman of BMC’s London and South East Region.

Hmmm

Alexander reveals that she takes Clinique moisturiser testers on climbing ventures. “I also get teased for taking my lipstick up to the huts. But it raises my spirits.”

FFS why do they always print crap like this, it's not really helping the cause, just perpetuating some old stereotypes.

CJD 02 Oct 2007
In reply to David Peters:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) “It really shaped my waist, thank you very much, and toned my body,” says Anna Gregory, chairwoman of BMC’s London and South East Region.
>
> Hmmm
>
> Alexander reveals that she takes Clinique moisturiser testers on climbing ventures. “I also get teased for taking my lipstick up to the huts. But it raises my spirits.”
>
> FFS why do they always print crap like this, it's not really helping the cause, just perpetuating some old stereotypes.

agreed, but one of the Boots moisturisers is bloody ace for rebuilding your face (or so it feels) after a Cairngorm winter day out...
Ste Brom 02 Oct 2007
In reply to CJD:
> (In reply to David Peters)
> [...]
>
> agreed, but one of the Boots moisturisers is bloody ace for rebuilding your face (or so it feels) after a Cairngorm winter day out...

you mean nikwax?
 Mystery Toad 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

I'll wager anything you like I'm the only bloke at UKC that actually has a hairy chest.
Ya'll Brits aint got no body hair! weird.
 nikinko 02 Oct 2007

"This small but indicative test of will and talent took place at Harrison’s Rocks, a gaunt sandstone outcrop in woodland near Tunbridge Wells, Kent. It’s a lovely spot favoured by climbers from all over the south-east"

????????
 carriegold 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Mystery Toad:

> I'll wager anything you like I'm the only bloke at UKC that actually has a hairy chest.
> Ya'll Brits aint got no body hair! weird.

I can assure you that my BF posts on here and has a lovely hairy chest.
 carriegold 02 Oct 2007
In reply to David Peters:

> Alexander reveals that she takes Clinique moisturiser testers on climbing ventures. “I also get teased for taking my lipstick up to the huts. But it raises my spirits.”
>
> FFS why do they always print crap like this, it's not really helping the cause, just perpetuating some old stereotypes.

There's a woman in our climbing club who always has full make up on before she leaves her tent in the morning. The rest of us take the pee
 Heidi 02 Oct 2007
In reply to carriegold:

I always climb in full make up and generally high heels too. Anything helps.
 carriegold 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Heidi: do the high heels help when you need a longer reach? Wasn't sure how the balance would work out. Will find an appropriate pair and give it a go at the wall tonight
 Jamie B 02 Oct 2007

I have a hairy chest and yet climb like a girl. What does this make me?
 carriegold 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Jamie B.:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> I have a hairy chest and yet climb like a girl. What does this make me?

Pre-op?

In touch with your feminine side?

Mystery Toad 02 Oct 2007
In reply to carriegold:
> (In reply to Mystery Toad)
>
> [...]
>
> I can assure you that my BF posts on here and has a lovely hairy chest.

Lovely to look at for you.
But I'll wager you don't get a wink of sleep.
The hairs tickling your nose silly! (wink).
Sam L 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Mystery Toad: My chest is very hairy.
Twinkle 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Sam L:

Mine too.
Sam L 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Twinkle: Really?
 Mystery Toad 02 Oct 2007
In reply to Twinkle:
> (In reply to Sam L)
>
> Mine too.

Hairy enough to ledgibly shave a cuss word in it?
don't ask.
 Heidi 02 Oct 2007
In reply to carriegold:
> (In reply to Heidi) do the high heels help when you need a longer reach? Wasn't sure how the balance would work out. Will find an appropriate pair and give it a go at the wall tonight

The high heels work on two counts - they indeed help with giving me a longer reach, they also ensure plenty of climbing partners
 Mystery Toad 03 Oct 2007
In reply to Heidi:
> (In reply to carriegold)
>
> I always climb in full make up and generally high heels too. Anything helps.

Hey! Didn't I see you climbing at the roaches last we...
AW nevermind, it's Al Evans.
The thong threw me off.

uh oh.
(poke).
 simon geering 03 Oct 2007

"30 feet above the ground next to a rocky chasm she must jump over if she’s to continue her climb"

Sounds like fun, say's that is at Harrisons? Anyone know where specifically, is it part of a route?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...