NEW GEAR/FOOD REVIEW: Nutrition For Alpinists by Chris Stirling

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 29 Jul 2007
Traditionally the word nutrition when mentioned in conjunction with the word alpinism would have meant a stale baguette strapped to the outside of your pack, a chunk of finest sausage and as many swigs of water as you could manage before it all froze up.

On a recent trip to the Alps I tested a range of products from Blackburn based company Science in Sport (SIS). SIS are probably best known in the cycling world with British athletes Chris Boardman (Olympic gold medallist) and Bradley Wiggins (Olympic gold medallist) using the products as well as numerous expeditions and alpine athletes

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/
 Reach>Talent 29 Jul 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
It is a really good idea to take alpine nutrition seriously however I'm not sure this is the best solution. I've used SIS products for years when cycling or doing long days of high output activity and they are great for this but under no circumstances should you take REGO on a Bivvi!!! REGO is a really good product and does exactly what it says on the pack but it should not be used in confined spaces. Like most recovery drinks Rego frequently has some rather strange effects on the human digestive tract to the extent that my former cycling club banned its use after events where we were travelling by minibus. If I saw somebody unpacking a supply of REGO on a campsite I'd seriously coincider moving my tent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...