UKC

NEWS: Four Summer Climbing Festivals...now Five!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 04 Jun 2007
It is climbing festival season. Pack well: toilet paper, a rainproof, sunscreen, your drum, lots of food, be prepared to line up for the portapotty and don't forget to pack your climbing gear.

We have details of four....now five climbing festivals this summer.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 mark reeves Global Crag Moderator 04 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: You are of course forgetting the fifth summer climbing festival.

The Glorious First festival - AKA Gogarth Fest.

Set for the first weekend after the 1st August when all the bird bans are lifted around the world greatest sea cliff.

Ed Booth 04 Jun 2007
In reply to mark reeves: Mark if you get a chance can you e-mail me the details of the Gogarth fest. where people are meetin/stayin etc.? Cheers, ed. p.s, my exams finish soon so will be up to crank more with ioan around the quarries. Also, we a re hoping to nail lots of gogarth stuff and pass routes. See you soon.
 Paz 04 Jun 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Re: Cheddar + Hard Rock

36 hours continuous climbing? That's nothing to someone like me.

Can Mark Stevenson or Sam Orange or someone remind me that they have special permission to climb Coronation Street, not only outside the winter period when it's allowed, but outside the agreed extended access period for certain routes (not including those going all the way up High Rock like Corrie), which ends at the end of this month.
OP Michael Ryan 04 Jun 2007
In reply to mark reeves:

Updated Mark. Thank you.

Mick
OP Michael Ryan 04 Jun 2007
In reply to Paz:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)

> Can Mark Stevenson or Sam Orange or someone remind me that they have special permission to climb Coronation Street

I'm sure Sam will be on here at her first opportunity!
Sam M 04 Jun 2007
In reply to Paz:

36 days I think he should have said...

and.... Yes of course we have special permission to climb Coronation Street, do you think we would just pitch up without?

We start in Chedder on the 13th July, the bottom of the route (car park) will be closed off until the boys have finished climbing.

Sam
Sam M 04 Jun 2007

I was on the beach and swimming in the sea, amazing weather at the mo.....

Sam :0)
 Bill Davidson 04 Jun 2007
In reply to Sam M:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> I was on the beach and swimming in the sea, amazing weather at the mo.....
>
> Sam :0)

Get tae France Sam!!!

Sam M 04 Jun 2007
In reply to Bill Davidson:

Oh Bill - its brill!, I am taking all my days off at the moment as we only have 5 weeks till we start and then no rest for the lot of us..

Plus I am vain and want a tan before I go on the telly, but don´t tell anyone will you :0)

Sam
 Paz 04 Jun 2007
In reply to Sam M:
> do you think we would just pitch up without?

You wouldn't be the first. There were rumours going round that it's open over summer in some circles (that even got printed in a magazine article by an author who really should have known better) which are complete bollocks.

I knew I'd heard you had it before, just didn't find your blog where it was writ.

Sam M 04 Jun 2007
In reply to Paz:

Hi Paz

this was taken from my blog!

Start Date confirmed Friday the 13th July.

Meet Cheryl - she is going to be our transport, home and office for the challenge! She will be sign written very soon with the Main Sponsors so she will be very easy to spot when we are on the road.

I had a conversation this week with Hugh Cornwell, Director of Chedder Gorge and Caves and he has given us the go ahead to climb Coronation Street. Normally no climbing is allowed in July and August. So thanks Hugh and also Martin Crocker for putting in a good word.

Sam
 Stuart S 05 Jun 2007

A 6th festival for you - Scottish DWS Festival, 11/12th August, venue Craig Stirling (http://www.ukclimbing.com/databases/crags/craginfo.html?id=1642).

Details to be confirmed nearer the time.
OP Michael Ryan 05 Jun 2007
In reply to Stuart S:

Thanks Stuart.

Send me details asap.

Mick
 Stuart S 05 Jun 2007

I've sent an email to Jules Lines, who's organising it. Will let you know when I hear anything back.
 Tufas Mum 05 Jun 2007

Mick you also forgot to mention the Costa Blanca DWS 16th Sep for 5 days - website on its way!!

Sam Orange
Sam M 05 Jun 2007
In reply to Tufas Mum:

Costa Blanca Fest linked to the launch of the new guide book..

http://www.rockfax.com/publications/books/item.php?id=132

Sam :0)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...