UKC

NEWS: Climber Credits Helmet For Saving His Life

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 22 May 2007
Jerome Stiller, 50, and his friend were climbing on Eldorado Canyon's Redgarden Wall (Colorado, USA) and fell, taking a 100ft whipper and pulling some gear. He suffered a head injury, a fractured bone near his right eye, multiple cuts and a broken right tibia.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
Stalky 22 May 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Of course the rope had nothing to do with it.

Is this really news?

Or am I just middle aged and grumpy.
 bluerockman 22 May 2007
In reply to Stalky: Middle aged and grumpy. Not enough people wear helmets, so the more good press they get the better!
 gingerkate 23 May 2007
In reply to Stalky:
I like the human interest stories here. It's like a newspaper... some people only read the politics and major world events, others go for the stuff on page 4 about art therapy for stressed people and sharks reproducing without having sex.
 hutchm 23 May 2007
In reply to gingerkate:

Why can't we have more stories about climbers reproducing without sex? Anecdotally there certainly seem to be more of them about, and most are far to hideously ugly to ever attract a mate, so it's the only rational explanation.
 Dane 23 May 2007
In reply to hutchm:

I frequent these forums (fora?) mainly for this kind of random tangents.

Never knew sharks were that unlucky, all the hassle of bringing up little ones without any of the fun preceeding it, that really is a hard life!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...