UKC

NEWS: Text From Tibet, Phone Call To Everest

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 07 May 2007
Sunday afternoon: I was at the Black Horse Pub, Pimlico Road near Clitheroe in Lancashire, enjoying my Uncle Pete Monk's 60th birthday party (Pete's a caver/climber/scrambler and is off June to do the Pyrenees High Route with his mate, Stuart Ingham). Whilst listening to Pete and friends play some mighty fine Irish tunes my mobile buzzed.

"Hi Mick, Set to arrive at Everest basecamp tomorrow....

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
layback larry 08 May 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Wish my mate would show the same courtesy, there again he's up at 7350 currently! Lucky b......
 Paz 08 May 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

How much will it take to bribe Conrad to name his offspring William or Wendy?
OP Michael Ryan 08 May 2007
In reply to Paz:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> How much will it take to bribe Conrad to name his offspring William or Wendy?

Probably about the same amount that it would take for some Brits to stop cracking the same old jokes about his name.

simes303 08 May 2007

"Irving"? Try again.

Yet I can not text from my house, no network coverage!
 Tom Briggs 08 May 2007

I remember going to a lecture of Conrad's and when asked by a member of the audience, whether he believed Mallory and Irvine had made it, he gave an unequivocal "no". He tried (succeeded?) in climbing the 2nd step a few years ago to guage the liklihood of this. So what's the premise of the film? I'm confused.
 Paz 08 May 2007

Much more than that surely, you're talking about a Hollywood celebrity `best climber in the world' mountaineer aren't you - wasn't he in Vertical Limit?.

The classic stretched mouth `My Daddy is a Banker' primary school joke was after your time then by the sound of it.

It's a wierd name though, why is it not spelt Anchor?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...