From Cancer to the Seven Summits and Two Poles

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Martyn Maltby 22 Jan 2007
'Challenge Cancer Through Adventure'

presents:

“Holding On” - From Cancer to the Seven Summits and Two Poles, a lecture by Rob & Jo Gambi.

Monday 12th March 2007 – 7.30pm
Hope Valley College, Hope, Derbyshire

In 2005 Rob and Jo Gambi became the first married couple to achieve the ultimate adventurer’s ambition when they climbed the ‘Seven Summits’ (the highest mountains on all seven continents) and skied to both the North and South Poles. Rob is also the first Australian and Jo the first female to achieve this feat. They achieved all this while Rob was in remission from his second bout of cancer.
Tickets £8.00 available from Outside (Calver and Hathersage), Hitch’n’Hike (Bamford),or contact 01433 631636, or e-mail info@challengecancer.org.uk

more info at http://www.challengecancer.org.uk

finn 22 Jan 2007
In reply to Martyn Maltby:

Just read the book 'Holding on'
What an amazing mountaineering achievement
Colin H 24 Jan 2007
Martyn,
Jo and Rob did a talk for my daughter's charity, Teenage Cancer Trust less tha 2 weeks ago.
The audience loved every minute of the talk and presentation and we sold every ticket, not a seat to be had.
Absolutely excellent and reaches to most people, climbers, walkers or not.
I hope you sell a few tickets through this site!!!
Drop me an email if you like. Marketing was really hard work but it paid off in the end.
finn 24 Jan 2007
In reply to Colin H:

Glad to hear it was a success

If youve got any maketing tips please contact info@challengecancer.org.uk
Have you checked our website out ?

nks 09 Feb 2007

Challenge Cancer through Adventure is a great idea! I volunteer in a local hospice and have often thought that some sort of adventure (especially things like skydiving even static line and abseiling which don't need a lot of fitness) rather than sitting around would really help.

I've added your website link to my Wainwrights 'blog (not that it is widely read!). Fundraising wise - the Welsh 3000ers in less than 24hrs this summer? I'd be happy (ask me again on the day!) to do it if anyone wants to join in? May or June?

Cheers,
Neil.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...