UKC

NEWS: Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team Need a Landrover

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 03 Jan 2007
Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team is probably one of the last mountain rescue teams not to have their own dedicated transport, instead relying on the members own cars and landrovers to respond to those in distress.

The team want to purchase a suitably equipped Landrover and pay for the running cost of the vehicle. In order to do this the team need to raise somewhere in the order of £30,000.

Full report with links here.... http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
Jonno 03 Jan 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Yes.When I was in another NW MRT I was impressed when one Llanberis member told me he had reached half way house in his Austin Allegro !
Beats when I got to within half a mile of The Great Slab Cwm Silyn in a VW Beetle.

OP Michael Ryan 03 Jan 2007

.....and they need a Paypal or World Pay page on their website so people can run their credit cards...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 gethin_allen 03 Jan 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Does anyone know if there is a MRT collection box on the top of Snowdon? I've been up there a few times and never seen one. I think if there isn't one there they should put one there; People using the mountain should be willing to donate a few pounds.
 Dringo 03 Jan 2007
In reply to gethin_allen:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) Does anyone know if there is a MRT collection box on the top of Snowdon? I've been up there a few times and never seen one. I think if there isn't one there they should put one there; People using the mountain should be willing to donate a few pounds.

There is currently no summit building as it was demolished last year, for the rebuild this spring summer.
MK 04 Jan 2007

Has anyone tried to contact the marketing team at Land Rover or Ford to see if they'd be willing to provide one to Llanberis Mountain Rescue for free? It is the sort of opportunity/exposure/advertising that appeals to them.
> Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team is probably one of the last mountain rescue teams not to have their own dedicated transport, instead relying on the members own cars and landrovers to respond to those in distress.
>
> The team want to purchase a suitably equipped Landrover and pay for the running cost of the vehicle. In order to do this the team need to raise somewhere in the order of £30,000.
>
> Full report with links here.... http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/

when I last organised an expedition to The Sahara. Land Rover stated that they would no longer sponsor any more expeditions and stated that "land rover had acheived all its goals in relation to what these vehicles could acheive by sponsorship" what we did was to purchase Army Land Rovers at an M.O.D auction. The cost was miniscule and the vehicles were very well maintained. All we had to do was repaint them and this we did by hand with paint from B & Q thinned with petrol. We gave them 6 coats finely sanded between each coat one the body was sanded smooth. You could see to shave in the paintwork. The auctions are listed on the net as I forget the address off hand.

Hope this helps.

Paul

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...