GEAR REVIEW: The Moon Fingerboard by Tom Dixon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 moo 13 Nov 2006
Tom Dixon of UKClimbing.com reviews the Moon fingerboard.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=263
 Morgan Woods 20 Nov 2006
In reply to moo:

i've been looking to buy a fingerboard for my room so cheers for the review....i had seen the Moon one in the shops but felt the hold selection a bit limited but maybe that's because it doesn't have any big jugs....why bother training to hang big jugs anyway i 'spose.
bezzer555 20 Nov 2006
In reply to Morgan Woods: It doesn't have any big jug's cause it's supposed to be for intermediate to expert climber's
joeyb 20 Nov 2006
In reply to Morgan Woods: Why not make your own, i did for a fraction of the cost and then i got to put what ever holds in what ever position i wanted. All you neeed is a piece of half inch ply and holds!!!!! simple.
OP moo 13 Dec 2006
In reply to moo:

Indeed making your own fingerboard is an option, however buying a set of holds and fixings and backing on which to mount the whole lot is probably not a whole lot less expensive than buying one of these at £45 which has been specificaly designed by proffesionals to help your training be as effective as it can be. (it's also a whole lot less hassle)
 Simon S 13 Dec 2006
In reply to moo: I agree. Best to do the job properly rather than try and economise and end up with firewood and an injury! £45 is pretty damn cheap too, but then climbing is a very inexpensive sport anyway.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...