UKC

NEWS: Win a copy of the NEW Vertical Magazine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 30 Jul 2006
Vertical magazine has been resurrected as the first European climbing magazine. This coming Thursday (August 3rd) is the grand launch at Ellis Brigham's Covent Garden shop.

More details in the news with a chance to win a copy.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Doug 30 Jul 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Amazing, I haven't seen Neil for something like 15 years but easily recognised him from his photo as the young loon I knew in Aberbeen so long ago.

Anyone know if the new version of Vertical will be the same magazine in 4 languages or will each edition be tailored to a different market ? & does it have a website yet ? Google just shows the old Glenat site & some amercian helicopter magazine

& given the heavy hint would Le Blonde be Edlinger ? (happy to review both English & French editions)
OP Michael Ryan 30 Jul 2006
In reply to Doug:

Four seperate editions Doug.

The ones we are giving are in English.

Their site is not up yet.

Mick
 liz j 30 Jul 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
Any chance of a subscription address? Have climbed in the Alps for the past 5 years with Neil, and have still not improved my french so will look forward to being able to read it! Don't think that my local shops will be selling it.
Cheers
 Marc C 30 Jul 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Still waiting for the Sierra Painting I won in a 'Most Promising Newcomer on the UK Climbing Scene' competition (ok ok! So I knocked 39 years off my age - but in school uniform and in dim light I could pass for an 8 year-old).
OP Michael Ryan 30 Jul 2006
In reply to liz j:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)

> Any chance of a subscription address?

They need that website up pronto.....I've emailed the staff.

Marc....I'm on to it.

Mick
 Mick Ward 31 Jul 2006
In reply to Marc C:

> but in school uniform and in dim light I could pass for an 8 year-old).

Hmm...

Mick
 ArnaudG 07 Aug 2006

Bought the french edition at the airport on Sat. Pretty good and a lot less french-centric than it used to be. I like the way they articulate the articles around a given mountain/face/area (east face of the Grandes-Jo/Arwa region). A lot of british input in that issue (Mick Fowler, Al Powell etc)

French translation is a bit shaky though. Should have hired me :0p

A.-
 bob champion 07 Aug 2006

Any news on the subscription address?

Ta,

Bob
OP Michael Ryan 07 Aug 2006
In reply to bob champion:
>
> Any news on the subscription address?
>
> Ta,

No not yet. They are missing out on a great opportunity. Just waiting on one more review.

Mick

Dorig Bocquet Edwards 08 Aug 2006
In reply to bob champion:

For subscription, please contact :

pariss@edigroup.org

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...