Jane Eyre at Stanage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The BBC is filming a new version of the classic Jane Eyre and some of the scenes will be taking place at Stanage. The filming is due to take place in the week beginning 8 May and no filming is planned for the weekend.

The main shooting is due to take place at the Apparant North Buttress on Monday and there will be a number of vehicles occupying the parking spots there, and down at Hook's Car. To make parking easier, there will be someone on-hand to ensure that cars are parked in the 'herringbone' fashion which should help alleviate any congestion problems at the weekend. The Planatation Car Park is not affected and ity should also be noted that currently the Pay and Display box there isn't working.

UKC News - http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 hutchm 05 May 2006
In reply to Alan James - UKC:

If I get my frockcoat and breeches on, will I be allowed to boulder discretely in the background of some shots?
 JDDD 05 May 2006
In reply to hutchm: Not unless you class bouldering as jumping between boulders. Didn't they used to enjoy thrutching up chimneys whilst puffing on a healthy pipe in those days?
Derbyshire Ben 05 May 2006

Aha I wondered what all the lorries were doing up there as I drove up from Hathersage this morning... I figured it must be some outdoor Tele thing.
 hutchm 05 May 2006
In reply to Derbyshire Ben:

Apparently the main scene will involve Jane spotting Rochester on a 5c problem as a sign of her devotion.
 cragspud 05 May 2006
In reply to hutchm: Will he show he is a cad by not cleaning his chalk ticks off afterwards?
dinkypen 05 May 2006

> The main shooting is due to take place at the Apparant North Buttress on Monday and there will be a number of vehicles occupying the parking spots there, and down at Hook's Car.

The lower car park is already choccer bloccer with vans, lorries, caravans etc so cars are already having to park on the verges. About half of the laybay near Apparent North is also take up with their vehicles, so if you are thinking about coming to Stanage popular end this weekend think again!
 hutchm 05 May 2006
In reply to dinkypen:

There will be a prize for any individual who manages to get something into shot - perhaps an old wire complete with massive piece of purple tat, or disparaging comments about BBC costume drama written in chalk on the side of the buttress...
 Adam Long 05 May 2006

Anyone know who's in it? I've still not got over not being at the plantation the day Keira Knightley was...
 Oli 05 May 2006
In reply to Alan James - UKC: As dinkypen said, the main group of filming vehicles seems to have made itself at home in Hook's Car park with very few (no) vehicles in the Apparent North layby area. That is as of tonight anyway.
 Kenny 05 May 2006
In reply to Adam L:

an unknown, Ruth Wilson, as Jane, and famous faces in support.
Stephens will be a great Rochester, he is a superb aristocratic cad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2006/04_april/18/jan...
 CJD 05 May 2006

the swines! they should be filming it in Yarkshire!

bah.

I saw lots of filming trucks by Ladybower on the day of the jamming thing - I guess that might be linked too.
 Kenny 05 May 2006
In reply to CJD:

I wonder if they'll do a follow-up adaptation of Wide Sargasso Sea. Karina Lombard could possibly still pull it off. As it were.
 Kenny 06 May 2006
In reply to Kenny:
> (In reply to Adam L)
>
> an unknown, Ruth Wilson, as Jane, and famous faces in support.

never say I do nothing for you

www.lamda.org.uk/studentfiles/2005/e2005/WILSON,%20Ruth.pdf
 Cragdog al 06 May 2006
In reply to Adam L: why was keira knightley there
 Kenny 06 May 2006
In reply to Cragdog al: a scene in the recent Pride & Prejudice film was filmed there.
 MF2005 06 May 2006
In reply to Kenny:
> (In reply to Kenny)
> [...]
>
> never say I do nothing for you
>
> www.lamda.org.uk/studentfiles/2005/e2005/WILSON,%20Ruth.pdf

Hello!
I feel a trip to stanage coming on....
 Kenny 06 May 2006
In reply to MF2005:
> (In reply to Kenny)
> [...]
>
> Hello!

weird photo, it makes it look like her left eye is off-centre and she has a slight squint in the right eye. expression is miserable rather than moody.

Adam Long 06 May 2006
In reply to Kenny:

Genius - her 'native dialect' is RP, but she can also do Cockney, Estuary and heightened RP! Which will she be treating us to in Jane Eyre?
 Marc C 06 May 2006
In reply to CJD: I quite liked the film version with Charlotte Gainsbourg and William Hurt. Much better than Wuthering Heights with Juliette Binoche!
 Green Porridge 06 May 2006
In reply to Adam L:

RP? What kind of dialect is that? Does she also do "WC rock" or "Wallnut"?
 Kenny 06 May 2006
In reply to Marc C: not yet seen the Hurt/Gainsbourg/Paquin Zeffirelli concoction.
I presume it's a bit more earthy than the Welles/Fontaine/Taylor version (which I love for its old-skool studio look, and Welles simmering like he's been strait-jacketed into a straight acting role with no creative control, for the first time)
 Kenny 06 May 2006
In reply to Adam L:
> (In reply to Kenny)
>
> Genius - her 'native dialect' is RP, but she can also do Cockney, Estuary and heightened RP!

A listing such as this, is typical of most acting CVs.

mark s 07 May 2006
In reply to Adam L: my mate is in it.playing the part of 1 of the brothers of someone.he was filming for 2 weeks at haddon hall.not as good looking as kiera knightly tho.
 Adam Long 07 May 2006
In reply to Kenny:
> (In reply to Adam L)
> [...]
>
> A listing such as this, is typical of most acting CVs.

I'm sure it is, still amusing though. I bet her heightened RP is more convincing than her cockney...

(for whoever was wondering, RP is 'received pronunciation',ie queen's english. Heightened RP takes it to the extreme)

Kenny 07 May 2006
In reply to Adam L:
> (In reply to Kenny)
> [...]
>
> I'm sure it is, still amusing though. I bet her heightened RP is more convincing than her cockney...

Gor blimey guv'nah, lor lav a dahk
 GrahamD 08 May 2006
In reply to dinkypen:

> The lower car park is already choccer bloccer with vans, lorries, caravans etc so cars are already having to park on the verges. About half of the laybay near Apparent North is also take up with their vehicles, so if you are thinking about coming to Stanage popular end this weekend think again!

Not much of a problem on Sunday - but then it did piss down half the day.
 Jon Greengrass 08 May 2006
In reply to CJD: if they stand on top of stanage they are in yarkshire
 lowersharpnose 16 May 2006

The parking by the film crew vehicles was very inefficient. They all, including lorries, were parked parallel to the road.

Inconsiderate tw*ts.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...