Xscape Glasgow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Laurabeats 06 Mar 2006
Does anyone know any information about the new Xscape opening in Glasgow?
yikes 06 Mar 2006
In reply to Laurabeats:

http://www.xscape.co.uk/snow/braehead/

this is the website for it, however it doesn't have any prices listed for it. I was hoping they might have had a pre-opening, founder membership type of offer thing going on to get the revenue started, but the website has no info on it whatsoever. which, considering that it is supposed to open next month is a bit pants.

Can't wait though
 pigeonjim 06 Mar 2006
In reply to Laurabeats:
Thought this was not a training wall?? I have been lead to believe that it is for punters as a thrills and spills thingy?

Have i been mislead?
In reply to Laurabeats: God it looks horrendous
In reply to Laurabeats:

I've heard it is going to be 'take a mortgage out' level of expense, you won't be able to be belayed by anyone except one of their SPA's and sessions will be 1/2 an hour long.
Sounds fantastic.

Davie
yikes 06 Mar 2006
In reply to dan bailey:

it looks brilliant.....apart from the fact that its in Glasgow.

Obviously not the same as real rock or real, outside snow on a mountain, but beggars can't be choosers
yikes 06 Mar 2006
In reply to Laurabeats:

if they do end up having ridiculous prices then they'll end up going the same way as Ratho I would have thought.

Does anyone have any experience of the other ones?
 Burnsie 06 Mar 2006
In reply to yikes:

Ratho will look like the pound store, in monetary terms compared to this.
It's all set up for folk to try it once so they can tell their pals they are officially EXTREME and rad and shit.

Davie
In reply to Burnsie:

When you due back? <hijack>
Did another new line yesterday btw.

Davie
 Burnsie 06 Mar 2006
In reply to I am the God of Strathyre:

Unfortunatley the reason for my return to UKC is i am now sitting in the office back at work. bummer.

KeithW 06 Mar 2006
In reply to yikes:
>
> Does anyone have any experience of the other ones?

The Leeds (Castleford) ice wall is very good, but expensive; and you have to take a qualifying session to prove you're fit to belay.

I managed to get some time on there buckshee last year, still not sure if it's worth paying for. (I worked out that if I get 4 in my car, it's cheaper to drive up to the Ice Factor for the day than go 12 miles down the road to Castleford!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...