What HD recorder for skiing , cycling?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Carpe Diem 01 Jan 2013
I’m after a HD Recorder to either strap to my chest or Lid for a skiing holiday in a few weeks. We've all heard about the GoPro, but are there others out there that you’d recommend?
 andy 01 Jan 2013
In reply to Carpe Diem: i've just bought a Contour +2 - smaller than a GoPro.
bozie 01 Jan 2013
In reply to Carpe Diem: I have wanted a gopro for a while but never seemed to have a few hundred pound spare but last month my partner went to New York so I told her to get me a camera. She ended up getting me a Sony HDR AS15 that is Sony's version of the gopro I got it mainly for Motorsport for my track car and for diving I have not used it yet only around the house pictures is good. If you go on YouTube there is loads of videos comparing them.
 koolkat 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Carpe Diem:
i use a contour and drift both watrproof to 1 m so good for skiing here is a link to my you tube page if you want to check the quality both are full hd and lot cheaper than the go pro

http://www.youtube.com/user/iamkoolkat/videos?flow=grid&view=0
 andy 02 Jan 2013
In reply to koolkat: contour +2 now comes with a waterproof case that's good to 60m, and you can link it to your phone to use as a viewfinder. Just over £300 on Wiggle.
 koolkat 02 Jan 2013
In reply to andy :
yes i have the waterproof case for the contour roam i use whilst diving
 andy 02 Jan 2013
In reply to koolkat: The +2 now comes with it included rather than having to buy it separately - which makes it rather good value imho.
Carpe Diem 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Carpe Diem:

Went for the GoPro Hero2. LBS did me a deal I couldn't refuse.

Of out to play tomorrow and probably record 30 muinits of the floor rather than any singletrack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...