Tyrolia Ambitions - vs Marker F12s and other ques

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Davelim8850 14 Dec 2018

TYROLIA AMBITION questions: hi folks, got a few questions about these touring bindings before mounting ( DIY as there are no ski shops anywhere within a couple of thousand miles)
1) anyone used them uphill and downhill as well as the Marker Tour F10/12s - comparisons on performance up/downhill welcome. I have both - trying to figure out which binding works best with which ski;
2) When I've aligned them as per the template, there's actually small a gap between the end of the post and the heel block lock down section. Normal? It feels secure when I wiggle it - I;m just assuming you need a gap to account for the slight flex in the ski when in action
3) I have a 304mm BSL Dynafit Neo boot and wonder if the 300 tube length setting is the right one to use on the Tyrolia. many thanks!

dsh 20 Dec 2018
In reply to Davelim8850:

I have the F10s. I'm confident in my ability to judge their downhill performance. Take the comments on uphill with a grain of salt because I am new to skinning so my technique sucks and I am using an Alpine boot:

I have the DIN maxed out at 10 and they perform well downhill, it felt similar to the Griffins which I had on the same skis before (which I have set to 11). If you're heavy and are gonna huck on them you might want to use the F12s.

I've only been uphill on groomed trails. I bought them as a cheap way to get into touring for exercise in-bounds because I don't have a touring boot, and they do that well. I can't comment on long tours in the backcountry.

Post edited at 18:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...