Touring on a bridleway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tomsan91 10 Jan 2021

On a short trip out to skin around the plateau on black hill I was accosted by a not so polite bloke who insisted on knowing why I had my touring skis with me and where I was going. Obviously this route is part of the pennine way so I presume there are no access issues? Quite confused as to why he was so narked about me being there 

TobyA 10 Jan 2021
In reply to tomsan91:

If it was a bridleway you've got every right to be there. I would have given him a quizzical smile, and got on with it.

bouldery bits 10 Jan 2021
In reply to tomsan91:

Nowt queer as folk.

OP tomsan91 10 Jan 2021
In reply to TobyA:

To be honest I was a little taken aback as I was expecting some typical hill small talk rather than a dressing down 

stevesmith 10 Jan 2021
In reply to tomsan91:

Did he utter the words "Are you local?"

mysterion 10 Jan 2021
In reply to tomsan91:

He insisted did he, now that would have been funny

Chris Reid 11 Jan 2021
In reply to tomsan91:

Surely, there cannot be any issue if it's access land and a public right of way?

In a similar vein.....

A friend and I were out for an evening tour last week and we were walking along the road with skis on our backs. (< half a mile from home before anyone starts!) and we bumped into a police 4WD. "Going skiing" was their greeting and only question. I did think about suggesting that they should be in CID with skills like that! They'd been out looking for poachers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...