Touring around Les Arcs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pina 27 Dec 2019

So I've been roped into a ski trip with the missus and her friends to Les Arcs. I was going to pack the touring skis and try to find some local itineraries to do with the wife but struggling to find anything too good.

Anyone know where I can find some good information on outings to do. Any recommendations?

Also, what's the deal with the resort itineraries? Is it like Verbier where they dubiously try to charge you to use them?

Likewise, if anyone's going to be in the area the first week of March and looking for a partner, feel free to get in touch.

OP Pina 27 Dec 2019
In reply to philipjardine:

That's great thanks.

Looking for bigger options too. The 'pisted' tours all seem to go back down the main slopes which doesn't have a massive appeal.

In reply to Pina:

http://www.skitour.fr/sommets/?carte=1&massif=Vanoise

Take a look at this.  It's in French but if you can't read it Chrome will translate it for you.  

Pinch'a'salt 27 Dec 2019
In reply to Pina:

Lots of good options from the top of the Grand Col chair... Col de la Luge drops you over the SW ridge of Aiguille du St Esprit after a steep skin for a great S facing run if you have spring snow conditions. Col des Roches is worthy in its own right for a short tour but you can prolong up to St Esprit, or Mt Turia and depending on conditions drop over onto Glacier du Geay and head for the top of the Mt Pourri. If you like a bit of steepness the North face of Turia is a local classic but it may be a bit early in the year...

OP Pina 28 Dec 2019
In reply to Pinch'a'salt:

Good stuff, looks like there's at least some options and enough to warrant bringing the kit along!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...