Tips for last minute ski deals

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hoping to go alpine/resort skiing week beginning 27th february but not booked anything yet.  Its just me so would prefer chalet or half board but not fixed on that.

Any tips, hints or website for last minute deals. 

Max factor 16 Feb 2023
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

Choose the operators that charter their own flights and hotels. Their costs are fixed, so if they have unbooked places they'll discount to get some revenue rather than none. E.g inghams, Nielsens, club med, ski esprit. Others put together accomodation and flight packages using commercial flights, which don't get cheaper. 

It's not school holidays, so you should get a good deal or luxury at the price..

Was in a similar position myself, looking for a decent (low cost) deal a few days ago.  Ended up booking a seven day trip through Balkan Holidays, which totalled £632 including half board (cheap hotel), six day ski pass (Borovets), transfer and ski carriage.  This seemed pretty reasonable but obviously the ski terrain quality isn't going to rival Chamonix!  Not having skied for a few years I just want to get some mileage in my legs before forgetting what it's all about.  That and getting to some new hills.

If you're after charging blacks all day though, don't think Bulgaria would suit you

Did a bit of net research and it's possible to ski tour to summit Musala 2925m (highest Balkan peak), as a relatively easy trip from the upper lifts so hoping to get something from the trip

yorkshireman 16 Feb 2023

> Any tips, hints or website for last minute deals. 

Bear in mind that it's been a poor season in terms of snow so far so I would assume the more snow sure locations are fairly full making bargains harder to find. 

In reply to Ghastlyrabbitfat:

Thanks, have done Bulgaria before but probably want a bit more piste quality for first ski trip in 3 years

In reply to Max factor:

Good tip... Thanks!

In reply to yorkshireman:

> Bear in mind that it's been a poor season in terms of snow so far so I would assume the more snow sure locations are fairly full making bargains harder to find. 

That seems the case. Like early season snow... bit thin on the ground

Thanks for your tips, currently in Austria, with snow on the ground and pain in my calves!

In reply to Ghastlyrabbitfat:

How was your trip, did you manage to get up on skis to Musala ? Any good tips, cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...