Time to replace Dynafit bindings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stairclimber 16 Feb 2021

My bindings are 12 years old and have only been used for touring so no heavy use on the pistes and very few falls/releases. Starting to notice in my mind that they are 'old' but they seem to be working OK. I know the easy (likely) course of action is to replace them now and get some new skis at the same time, but I would be interested in comments as I believe registered Dynafit pin bindings are given a 10 year guarantee by the company. I could very easily sell the whole set up here in the alps at the moment but I don't want to pass on gear that could be dangerous.

Suncream 16 Feb 2021
In reply to Stairclimber:

A guide told me recently that dynafit pin bindings last forever but he recommended getting the pins replaced because they wear out and become rounded

neuromancer 16 Feb 2021

I mounted some gifted speed radicals from 2012. The top plates snapped. I called Dynafit and they said that they'd just replace the heels when Brexit shipping rules allowed them. The guy on the phone basically said; "no quibbles, any age, no proof of purchase. If it breaks we'll fix it".

mcdweeb 17 Feb 2021
In reply to Stairclimber: the springs on old alpine bindings back-in-the-day used to “soften” with age and start to pre-release but apparently this is not an issue with Dynafit bindings at all.

Use them until they break.

HeMa 17 Feb 2021

No problems with them if they fuction. I’m still using mine from Late 90s.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...