Tignes touring/offpiste

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tebs 20 Feb 2019

Maybe a long shot, but I'm in Tignes next week (24th Feb - 3rd March) with the wife and a group of friends who are piste skiers. I'm really keen to get away from the lifts for a couple of days/mornings/early afternoons/whatever! Will have avalanche safety kit and know how to use it. Have done maybe 20-30 days touring so not a total beginner but no expert either. Drop me a message and let me know if you are in Espace Killy and keen to meet up!

Cheers

Bart

tcashmore 20 Feb 2019
In reply to tebs:

There is a really good off-piste group in Val d'Isere that go out for 3 or 4 hours in a morning with a guide.  cost is about 60 Euro - I've used them a couple of times when on a family holiday.  They know where to go to get un-tracked from the resort.  Need touring gear in order to skin (typically only about 30mins).   The standard isn't super difficult either (different groups/levels) and they are very safety concious which is what you really want - e.g. the recent avalanche in a swiss ski resort.

Link is below:

https://alpineexperience.com/en/home-page/

Cheers

Tim

OP tebs 20 Feb 2019
In reply to tcashmore:

Thanks Tim, they do look good. Great value too. I've emailed. Still keen to find people who might want a ski buddy though if anyone's looking!

Cheers

Bart

JuneBob 21 Feb 2019
In reply to tebs:

Be careful out there:

youtube.com/watch?v=PY7fkxbz15M&

There was some fun low angle off the back of col du palet when I was there. The fatmap app is quite good for helping find 0deg slopes

Martin W 21 Feb 2019
In reply to tcashmore:

> they are very safety concious which is what you really want - e.g. the recent avalanche in a swiss ski resort.

The Crans Montana avalanche was unusual in that it hit a piste (which arguably should have been closed, but still not the skiers' fault):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47297445

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...