Stinky boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tim Davies 24 Mar 2017
Scarpa boots, intuition liners and they Ming. Any solutions? Boots always dried as much as poss after each day. Merino wool socks worn, not practical to wear a new pair every day (max 3 days per sock)

I never get this with other boots/ trainers and I've worn them in equally sordid ways
 AdrianC 24 Mar 2017
In reply to Tim Davies:

My usual tip / trick for stinky synthetics is to wash them in Napisan or Milton which kills the bugs that make the stink. Maybe soak the inners in a bucket overnight sometime?

Do you take the footbeds out when you dry them?
 Greasy Prusiks 24 Mar 2017
In reply to Tim Davies:

Shove a sock full of cat litter in them and leave them for a bit. God knows why it works but the world is a safer place since I did this to my rock boots.
In reply to Tim Davies:

Don't know about Intuition liners, but I've taken the inner boots out of my Salomon ski boots, and stuck them in the washing machine. It's a bit of a noisy wash, but they came out smelling fresh...
 HeMa 25 Mar 2017
In reply to Tim Davies:
Intiutions are basically waterproof liners. So generally just takin them out from the shell is not enough. A proper bootdryer is best. But the catlitter works as well. Get the clear silica based stuff, not the gray clay stuff.

Oh, washing with luke warm soapy warm also a good thing. Hot water (like from the washing machine) and thermofitted inners don't generally mix well.
Post edited at 06:59
OP Tim Davies 25 Mar 2017
In reply to HeMa:

Thanks everyone

They're being used in huts so boot dryers have yet to find their way up there....

I shall try the cat litter silica stuff as a valley measure

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...