Ski shop recommendation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chrissloan84 16 May 2018

I bought some new skis recently in an end of season sale. I'd like to get the bindings from my old skis mounted on them before next winter. Can anyone recommend a good shop/technician to get this done? I'm based in Sheffield but I'm not in a hurry and I travel about quite a bit.

I had to replace my old skis after the binding screws ripped out of the ski so I want to make sure the job is done well.

inboard 16 May 2018
In reply to chrissloan84:

If you’re around Notts at all then check out Jon at the Piste Office. 

kevin stephens 16 May 2018
In reply to inboard:I’m based in Sheffield too and wouldn’t go to anyone else but Jon at the Piste Office in Nottingham, he’s probably the UKs expert on bindings. If you email him he will be able to give you a detailed reply.

Andrew Lodge 16 May 2018

As an alternative try Crossley Tordoff in Pontefract, it's a bit of an odd shop but they certainly know their stuff with ski equipment.

mike123 17 May 2018
In reply to chrissloan84: another vote for the piste office . Consider getting them fitted with quiver killers (inserts that allow you to swap bindings around) at the time if there's any chance you will get a second pair of skis or when your new ones become your old ones . I think Jon is the uk agent and as with all things ski / binding related will advise you . Also he might be able to fix your old skis . Always worth asking .

Post edited at 07:22
 Chris the Tall 17 May 2018

From my experience with boots, don’t take them to the place on Langsett Road. 

kevin stephens 17 May 2018
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> From my experience with boots, don’t take them to the place on Langsett Road. 

I agree......

sam@work 17 May 2018

Lockwoods in Leamington spa are great, if you're that way .....

Jim 1003 18 May 2018
In reply to chrissloan8

Don't get the quiver killers unless you want your bindings ripping out again...they're just for tight people...

kevin stephens 18 May 2018
In reply to Jim 1003:

Just for context Jim 1003 seems to be the only person on record who has had an issue with Quiver Killers,

planetmarshall 18 May 2018

Plenty of options available but Backcountry UK in Ilkley would be my first choice.

https://www.backcountryuk.com/

OP chrissloan84 19 May 2018

I think I'll go to piste office, it's not too far away and has most votes so far. I did get the old set fixed and used them for a few days but the metal layer has pulled away from the top and the wood-core was full of water. They're glued back together but I doubt they will hold up for long. The new ones are a similar ski and were half price.

inboard 21 May 2018
In reply to Jim 1003:

Jim’s anecdote is not my experience, from skiing hard on big skis with downhill and pin bindings mounted with quiver killers. 

Phil Ev 02 Jun 2018

Hi

If still needed we have most jigs and can do this for you.

Thanks

Phil

Backcountryuk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...