Ski lessons St Anton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rory Shaw 16 Feb 2022

Hello, bit of a long shot...

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for ski lessons in St Anton?

Ideally they would include an offpiste component.

Joining a group would be preferable.

Thanks all, Rory

S Ramsay 16 Feb 2022
In reply to Rory Shaw:

I haven't used them but Piste to Powder are exactly what you want and they seem to have a reasonable reputation

https://pistetopowder.com/ski-guiding-stanton/#open-groups

OP Rory Shaw 16 Feb 2022
In reply to S Ramsay:

Thanks, that's a useful suggestion

TheGeneralist 16 Feb 2022
In reply to S Ramsay:

I've used P2P. They were reasonable but by no means awesome.

Me and the missus were booked onto a level 2 session, which they then merged with a level 1 session.  Clearly there's a difference between l1 and l2, so it was a bit of a stop/go morning for us and a baptism of fire for the two L1s.

In the end both the level 1s retired injured and so the day sped up a bit. Which was better for us but frankly appalling for the two level 1 people who were dragged out of their comfort zone to the extent that they broke.

In the afternoon the guide took us to a completely different part of the mountain which was completely in the cloud, unlike where we had been.  I thought this a little odd given that they are supposed to be experts in the area. 

The cloud and poor vis was a contributory factor in the second injury.

tcashmore 16 Feb 2022
In reply to S Ramsay:

I've used them for a couple of days and were excellent.  Need to be straightforward with your ability, don't over or under estimate ! 

Stenton 16 Feb 2022
In reply to Rory Shaw:

I also rate P2P but they aren't 'ski lessons' in the normal sense of that phrase, it's a guided off-piste group. IME the guide won't even observe the group on-piste, never mind critique, probably just take them to the nearest itinerary (after transceiver practice) to see what they're dealing with and take it from there. For me the off-piste instruction was excellent. 

Stuey 16 Feb 2022
In reply to Rory Shaw:

Patrick Bätz is a St Anton local instructor who is a master of off piste. Skischool Arlberg maybe a good first point of enquiry. 

https://www.skischule-arlberg.com/geschichte/geschichte-seit-1921/

OP Rory Shaw 17 Feb 2022

Thanks all

TheGeneralist 17 Feb 2022
In reply to tcashmore:

> Need to be straightforward with your ability, don't over or under estimate ! 

And hope they're fully booked on that day or they'll cancel one guide and lump you in with a group of different ability regardless of how you've estimated yourself

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...